Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHW Question

3 posters

Go down

DHW Question Empty DHW Question

Post  B@man Tue May 29, 2012 2:29 pm

The Electramate playing up again, given the other problems I'm giving my landlord grief over I don't think I can add this as well.

Twice in the last week there has been no hot water at the taps, on checking the display on the ACB the DHW bar is OFF, looking at the sensor values (tonight's readings)

T1 = 78
T2 = 21
T3 = 18

What I don't understand is how the boiler is missing that fact that the PRT is well under the temperature is should be ?

So far the solution seems to be switch it off for a few minutes and back on again then all is well, is this a sensor issue or is the PCB on it's way out ?

B@man

Back to top Go down

DHW Question Empty Re: DHW Question

Post  Midland Boilercare Thu May 31, 2012 11:29 am

Hi

The readings you have listed suggest that there is no water from the store getting through the plate heat exchanger to heat the hot water. This could be due to a couple of things, but the first one to check is that the pressure is correct in the unit and that it is full.
If switching the unit off for a few mins and restarting it corrects the problem, then it suggest that either the hot water pump is sticking, or it is not receiving voltage from the main PCB.
If the pressure is correct, you will need an engineer to determine the exact cause.
Midland Boilercare
Midland Boilercare

http://www.midlandboilercare.co.uk

Back to top Go down

DHW Question Empty no hot water on em2000

Post  Mario.S Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:40 pm

this could be only ( :-( ) a hand full of things wrong, 1st. prob. your sensors faulty, 2nd. your DHW Pump has stuck,,, your internal temperature in the unit is 78C so there is heat there in the Unit to get hot water, but this is tricky to diagnose with out being on the Unit.
regards Mario
@ Marios Boiler Service
www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

DHW Question Empty Re: DHW Question

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down