Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potterton Suprima 40 - having to manual rest intermittently since changing over PCBs on Boilermate 2 - Essex

4 posters

Go down

Potterton Suprima 40 - having to manual rest intermittently since changing over PCBs on Boilermate 2 - Essex Empty Potterton Suprima 40 - having to manual rest intermittently since changing over PCBs on Boilermate 2 - Essex

Post  maddsyw Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:36 am

Hi all

I replaced both PCBs on the Boilermate 2 as one was buzzing for 10 secs every half hour (for the past couple of months) and the other decided to join in.

Since this, the Suprima 40 goes to a flashing red light when the Boilermate timer kicks in. I can hear it fire up for all of 5 to seconds then cuts out.

Ive had to change the PCB on the Suprima 4 years ago and as a precaution have now done it again so I know the board is fine BUT still having the same problem.

Now even when I switch the Boilermate to 'constantly on' for the heating , the Suprima can often cut out and a manual reset is required (sometime 3 or 4 attempts).

Any ideas? Seems odd this has only happened after replacing the Boilermate pcbs.

Otherwise does anyone recommend someone who can pop over to mine in Essex? Thank you

maddsyw

Back to top Go down

Potterton Suprima 40 - having to manual rest intermittently since changing over PCBs on Boilermate 2 - Essex Empty Re: Potterton Suprima 40 - having to manual rest intermittently since changing over PCBs on Boilermate 2 - Essex

Post  mike Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:51 am

Check the work you have carried out.
Mike
MGC/H2O

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Potterton Suprima 40 - having to manual rest intermittently since changing over PCBs on Boilermate 2 - Essex Empty Re: Potterton Suprima 40 - having to manual rest intermittently since changing over PCBs on Boilermate 2 - Essex

Post  mike Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:53 am

Also if the boiler will / run for a short period.
Check the boiler pump on the unit.
Mike

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  maddsyw Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:46 am

mike wrote:Check the work you have carried out.
Mike
MGC/H2O

Thanks - have rechecked the connections and all look to be sound. Any other ideas or maybe I need someone to come have a look.

maddsyw

Back to top Go down

Post  maddsyw Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:50 am

mike wrote:Also if the boiler will / run for a short period.
Check the boiler pump on the unit.
Mike

Yes when it does reignite it will run for a short period. Trouble is when resetting, it might not reignite after many attempts and will do hours later , or within 5 minutes - theres no pattern.

I think the issue is linked to the water tank and the timer?

but I didn't replace those which is odd why its now playing up - so confusing!

maddsyw

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 am

Check the unit temperature.
Check the boiler and heating pump on the unit.
Also check if the BM II is telling the boiler to fire.
If it is and does not why?
Boiler fault
Boiler over heat ( why check pump)
Also could be sludge.
Could be lots of things really.
May have to get an expert out.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike the Boilerman Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:40 am

maddsyw wrote:Hi all
Any ideas? Seems odd this has only happened after replacing the Boilermate pcbs.

It's control board failure in the Suprima, unfortunately. You need to replace it, or better, have a gas bod do it!

It's a well documented problem with the Suprima, and pure coincidence that it's cropped up now.

Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Potterton Suprima 40 - having to manual rest intermittently since changing over PCBs on Boilermate 2 - Essex Empty possible pump failure

Post  boilerbreakdownservice Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:28 am

I replaced both PCBs on the Boilermate 2 as one was buzzing for 10 secs every half hour (for the past couple of months) and the other decided to join in.

Since this, the Suprima 40 goes to a flashing red light when the Boilermate timer kicks in. I can hear it fire up for all of 5 to seconds then cuts out.

Ive had to change the PCB on the Suprima 4 years ago and as a precaution have now done it again so I know the board is fine BUT still having the same problem.

Now even when I switch the Boilermate to 'constantly on' for the heating , the Suprima can often cut out and a manual reset is required (sometime 3 or 4 attempts).

Otherwise does anyone recommend someone who can pop over to mine in Essex? Thank you

boilerbreakdownservice

http://www.boilerbreakdownservice.com

Back to top Go down

Potterton Suprima 40 - having to manual rest intermittently since changing over PCBs on Boilermate 2 - Essex Empty pump failure

Post  boilerbreakdownservice Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 am

it seems to me you are having pump problems causing the boiler to overheat

hi

[b][center][right][justify]

boilerbreakdownservice

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:57 am

Well I would turn off the heating.
Then heat the BM II up to max temperature.
That will then prove that the boiler and the boiler pump is ok.
When you put the heating on.There is a demand and therefore the BM II will tell the boiler to fire up.
It really does sound like a pump problem.
Or a sludge or partial blockage problem.
If the pumps etc are ok.
Then consider draining the unit and see what you get.
And then if need be. Put a few litres of sludge remover in and run it for a week to a month.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  boilerbreakdownservice Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:54 pm

you may be experiencing pump failure causing the boiler to lock out.

boilerbreakdownservice

Back to top Go down