Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate A class - CH coming on when DHW is being called for

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate A class - CH coming on when DHW is being called for Empty Boilermate A class - CH coming on when DHW is being called for

Post  markevans Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:49 am

Hi,

I had a new Viessmann Vitodens 100 open vent boiler installed yesterday (replaced a very crappy Ideal ICOS HE18 boiler) and everything seemed to be working fine i.e. the central heating and DHW were both operating ok when the system was tested.

However when i push the central heating rocker switch on the Boilermate to "off" and turn the Honeywell thermostat down on the wall and the DHW on the Boilermate is set to "constant" per the recommended instructions, when the Veisamann boiler kicks in whent the thermal store calls for hotwater the radiators as warming up as well.

I have had to turn all the temp valves down on the radiators because the house was getting crazy hot!

I have checked the central heating pump in the Boilermate and it seems to be working working ok.

Could it be that the 3 way motorised valve is stuck and what is best way for me to check this?

thanks

Mark

markevans

Back to top Go down

Boilermate A class - CH coming on when DHW is being called for Empty Re: Boilermate A class - CH coming on when DHW is being called for

Post  mike Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:09 pm

Or could be related to the "wiring"
New boiler.
Put the unit on DHW only.
And heating should not work.
If it does then the 3 way is not working.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boilermate A class - CH coming on when DHW is being called for Empty Re: Boilermate A class - CH coming on when DHW is being called for

Post  markevans Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:09 am

hi,

ont the 3 way motorised value the leaver was in the manual position. should it be there or set on auto?

It could also be the wiring as you say as the guy who installed it had a problem trying to work out the wiring on the boilermate and which cables were running down to the boiler. He even called out an electrician friend to have a look to get it working.

Also before i had the boiler replaced, when i would turn the wall thermostat on to turn the central heating on and the CH rocker switch on the Boilermate was set to constant i would hear two clicks coming from the Geldhill Boilermate and then the heating would come on. But now when i try and perform the same process i only hear one click from the Boilermate and the heating won't come on. Could this be a wiring issue or a fault with something in the boilermate.

I have got the rep from Veissmann coming out to have a look for me.

thanks

markevans

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:56 pm

Should be Auto.
And the wiring may / could be wrong.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down