Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timer stops ticking when bath/boost mode is switched on

2 posters

Go down

Timer stops ticking when bath/boost mode is switched on Empty Timer stops ticking when bath/boost mode is switched on

Post  Bareassedmunky Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:11 am

Hi

I have just moved into a new flat with a pulsacoil 2000, and it seems to be behaving in an odd way.

When I turn the boost mode on, the timer stops ticking. The upper immersion does seem to come on, so it seems to be working correctly, but the timer stops ticking, and when I put a phase tester to any of the contacts, none of them show any sign of life. When boost is turned off, the timer works properly* and the lower immersion comes on. This sounds to me like the system is not wired up correctly, any advice?

Neil

Bareassedmunky

Back to top Go down

Timer stops ticking when bath/boost mode is switched on Empty Re: Timer stops ticking when bath/boost mode is switched on

Post  mike Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:49 pm

You don't mention the make of timer?
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Timer stops ticking when bath/boost mode is switched on Empty Re: Timer stops ticking when bath/boost mode is switched on

Post  Bareassedmunky Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:03 pm

Believing the issue was with the timer, my dad changed it from whatever was installed before to one with timeguard written on it, but as it has happened with two different timers and I have used a phase tester on each of the contacts and the power is not even reaching the timer when boost is on, so it is an issue with general setup rather than the timer itself.

The timer has also been getting very hot, and since I posted that I have taken the front off it and the plastic all around the livewire on the output was melted and the wire was charred, so I have already put something on rated people to get quotes to have the whole thing looked at, but any advice anyone can give me to reduce the chances of be getting ripped off would still be appreciated.

Bareassedmunky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down