Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil A-Class Boiler - No power

2 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil A-Class Boiler - No power Empty Pulsacoil A-Class Boiler - No power

Post  Nikkj Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:52 am

Hi

I have a Pulsacoil A-Class Boiler which worked fine until this morning and then just stopped.

No lights are showing on the switch panel (Green switch or the two neons above). The switch itelf does make and break mains power. Without being able to power it up, I'm not sure what I can check - I am able to check most things with a multimeter once I know the likely source of the problem.

External wiring is all OK and I have checked that power is coming into the unit itself so it's definately an internal problem.

The elements show continiuity and are not shorting.

Can anyone give any pointers or, if not, a reasonably priced engineer who covers Watford?

Thanks

Nick

Nikkj

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil A-Class Boiler - No power Empty Re: Pulsacoil A-Class Boiler - No power

Post  mike Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:32 am

Look at the circuit and do some more checking

Any power to the relays?

Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil A-Class Boiler - No power Empty Re: Pulsacoil A-Class Boiler - No power

Post  Nikkj Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:59 am

Hi Mike,

I managed to sort the boiler out five minutes before I got your reply. Thanks for your help though.

I went through it with a multimeter rather than a simple mains tester and found that the non-timed power input was not very good.

The fused spur showed a fault (how that happened is a mystery) and I replaced it - the boiler sparng into life.

Nikkj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down