Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot and cold shower but pump and sensors working

2 posters

Go down

Hot and cold shower but pump and sensors working Empty Hot and cold shower but pump and sensors working

Post  cropsprayer Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:18 am

Hi - my house has a Boilermate which has been there since I moved in 7 years ago. I had a water softener fitted as soon as we moved in and we have never had any issues with heating / water etc. All of a sudden the showers keep running hot and cold which seems fairly common. I took the front off and the right hand pump cuts in and out when supplying hot water to the shower as it should. I pressed the SW2 button and that shows the store at 75 degrees and the two other sensors around 60 which climb when hot water is requested from the shower. So what does this point to as the problem is my question? Is it the heat exchange part or could it be something else?

Thanks,
Rob.

cropsprayer

Back to top Go down

Hot and cold shower but pump and sensors working Empty Re: Hot and cold shower but pump and sensors working

Post  mike Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:33 pm

Check the fault codes again.
As the first one is right.
But the others are not.

Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hot and cold shower but pump and sensors working Empty Re: Hot and cold shower but pump and sensors working

Post  mike Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Oh and the pump does not supply water to the showers

It pumps the dirty store water through half of the PHE
And heats the cold going in the bottom front of the PHE and leaving the top front of the PHE and away to taps / showers etc.

Could be sensors x 1 or 2 (both)
DHW pump (must be XB004 and no other pump
Could be PHE but I doubt it.
Could be ACB
Could be a partial blockage to the unit right hand side.

Mike

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  cropsprayer Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:07 am

Hi, thanks for the replies. When you say check the fault codes how do I do that as none are shown on the LCD panel? It just displays 'ON' the whole time?

cropsprayer

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:03 pm

You must have forgot
As your first post states
Hi - my house has a Boilermate which has been there since I moved in 7 years ago. I had a water softener fitted as soon as we moved in and we have never had any issues with heating / water etc. All of a sudden the showers keep running hot and cold which seems fairly common. I took the front off and the right hand pump cuts in and out when supplying hot water to the shower as it should. I pressed the SW2 button and that shows the store at 75 degrees and the two other sensors around 60 which climb when hot water is requested from the shower. So what does this point to as the problem is my question? Is it the heat exchange part or could it be something else?

Have you the book?
Sometimes on the inside of the front cover it tell you how

Mike

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  cropsprayer Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:04 am

No I just didn't class a reading as a fault code, according to the manual it would say 'Er' if one of the sensors had a fault?

Just checked again the first reading says 71, the second says 50 and the third H52.

cropsprayer

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Look at the codes again.
Run hot water and put code on H 52.
Then wiggle cable near the DHW sensor and gently tap it. May then show a fault.
Also check all the sensors connections for the sensors on ACB

Check pump with front screw removed. Use finger / nail to feel for spinning.
While DHW is running of course.

Can check voltage to pump with a multi meter.
Turn DHW on and watch the voltage see if it ramps up.
Or it may not be there at all.
In which case may be sensor or ACB problem.
I have had DHW problems before where the ACB was at fault.

If changing sensors I would change both.

There are other things to try as I stated before.
Blockages with in the unit more so on the right hand side are very common.

So with DHW running try checking for water at the pump / PHE drain off.
It may come and go.

Mike

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down