Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate II - timer malfunction?

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate II - timer malfunction? Empty Boilermate II - timer malfunction?

Post  Salter Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:06 am

We have a Boilermate II which is now 10 years old and up until recently has functioned very well. There is now a problem in that the timer is no longer functioning and the pump is on constantly - we are controlling this by switching it on and off as required. The clock has been replaced (by a local ex-Gledhill engineer) but to no good effect. The temperature of the hot water is not good despite the valve being turned up to the fullest extent. The ex-Gledhill engineer believed that an external thermostat was required, I am somewhat dubious about this as the system did run very efficiently for 10 years without the need for one. We would want to have this problem resolved before autumn/winter sets in so any advice would be most welcome.

Brian Salter

Salter

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II - timer malfunction? Empty timer malfunction?

Post  Salter Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:17 pm

i can happily report that the problem has been solved thanks entirely to David Hickey who trades under the company of Midland Boilercare. he identified the cause of teh problem (a faulty valve) in a professional and rapid manner and then fixed it. at all times he explained what he was doing and why and i have no hesitation to recommend his services to other gledhill owners. in an uncertain world it is very comforting to realise that there are still professionals out there.

Brian Salter

Salter

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II - timer malfunction? Empty Re: Boilermate II - timer malfunction?

Post  Jonos Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:08 am

I think I may have the same problem, have you any idea which valve this engineer replaced?

Regards

Jon

Jonos

Back to top Go down

Post  Salter Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:29 am

Hi Jon,
by the side of the heat store there is a valve which looks like a galvanised box, it was this whihc was causing the difficulty. The engineer identified that the valve was malfunctioning and this prevented the normal functioning of the system. He didn't need to replace the valve, rather he serviced it and since then the system has worked as it should.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Salter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down