Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate II replacing boiler return pump

Go down

Boilermate II replacing boiler return pump Empty Boilermate II replacing boiler return pump

Post  gort Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:06 am

Due to getting wet, the boiler return bump on my Boilermate II has failed. I can easily handle a pump replacement but unfortunately the two attached ball valves have also lost the will to function without leaking.

I posted elsewhere and got a lot of hate, both for the Boilermate, and for me wanting to repair it.

I've fixed this thing a few times (circuit boards, oventrop valve) and as the boiler is fine I'd prefer to fix this rather than replace the entire system.

Someone said that I could bung up the header tank and that would allow changing of the valves without needing to drain. I can't see an easy way to do this and it's hard to get to.

I've read that draining can cause other problems to show themselves (blocked header, feed, drain) etc.

So - question is - does it need fully draining/refilling to replace the pump&valves? OR should I just get the entire (21 year old) system replaced?

gort

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II replacing boiler return pump Empty Re: Boilermate II replacing boiler return pump

Post  gort Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:22 am

Ok so mine may be one of only a few remaining Boilermate II's.

I got someone out do do the drain and change the pump & valves. Luckily it filled-up fine and it's all working again. It lives to fight another day!

gort

Back to top Go down