Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Hot Water but the pump is hot

2 posters

Go down

No Hot Water but the pump is hot Empty No Hot Water but the pump is hot

Post  Gledders Sat Oct 12, 2024 1:40 pm

Hi everyone.

As per the subject. I have no hot water on my Pulsacoil 2000. The unit itself is warm and i can hear it heating up. Checking the pipes. There is heat as far as the Grundfor pump and the out pipe from the pump is cold.

When I turn on the tap there is no noise from the pump. I have removed the silver cap and tried to rotate anti clockwise with a screwdriver but this is unsuccessful. There seems to be a lot of build up in this space and getting hold with the screwdriver was very difficult.

The pcb led is flashing normally.

I suspect the pump has seized, does this sound like a reasonable assumption?

Thanks

Paul Gledhill (yes I know)

Gledders

Back to top Go down

No Hot Water but the pump is hot Empty Re: No Hot Water but the pump is hot

Post  Mike the Boilerman Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:00 am

Hi Paul,

Yes I think it probably does mean the pump is seized. The motor spindle spins freely normally.

Anther check you can try is to open a hot tap while you have the pump centre screw out. You should see the motor spindle start to spin which it probably won't. (Or you'd get hot water!) Then while the hot tap i running, measure the voltage on the pump terminals. It should be approaching normal mains voltage. If it is, then yes this is pump failure.

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down