Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cover or no cover

2 posters

Go down

cover or no cover Empty cover or no cover

Post  steffan Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:58 pm

I have a Gledhill Boilermate 2000 that was installed about 7 years ago by persimmon homes in a hard water area. I've had cover by British Gas and E-On and end up thinking what is the point as they simply quote Hard Water Damage. I now have the problem again. The issue where I hardly get any hot water (Luke warm and a poor water pressure) so the solution is to replace the plate at 65 quid labour and 100 quid + VAT for the part. I've now replace the plate twice in it's life time and wonder what I can do to stop it ? Upgrade ? I've also installed a British Gas Hard Water reducer that hasn't resolved the issue but made British Gas more money. What are the options available ?


Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

cover or no cover Empty Re: cover or no cover

Post  Midland Boilercare Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi Steffan

I can help you to save money on this Steffan. I descale plate heat exchangers on a service exchange basis at a cost of £40 + vat and P&P, and they are as good as new.
If you already have an anti scale device (I take it it's an electronic type) this will not "stop" scale build up, but reduce it. The only sure way to prevent it is to install a Water Softner that uses reverse osmosis, but this requires continual monitoring and topping up of the salt tablets.

Drop me an email if you need a descaled replacement heat exchanger.

Dave Hickey
Midland Boilercare Ltd
Midland Boilercare
Midland Boilercare

Posts : 159
Join date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum