Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electramate 2000 12 kW

2 posters

Go down

Electramate 2000 12 kW Empty Electramate 2000 12 kW

Post  jim murdoch Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:24 am

Hi I have been called out a few times recently to a 12 kW Electramate which is intermitantly tripping a 30ma RCD as it is intermitant i can find nothing wrong with the readings which can cause it to trip.
I hace replaced the RCD (still tripping about every two days)
I have now moved the circuit to to a 63amp MCB (no earth leagage protection) and it has been ok for a few days now
Is there any requirement for the unit to be protected by an RCD ????? as I am quite happy to leave the unit connected to the MCB supply

Regards
JIM (sparky)

jim murdoch

Back to top Go down

Electramate 2000 12 kW Empty electramate 2000

Post  Paul Technician Southampt Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 am

I would check the insulation resistance of the pumps and the flow boiler to earth, I suppect a pump has shorted to earth. Check for water dripping from a drain cock or pump isolation valve, onto the top of a pump, perticularly the lower flow boiler pump. If so change the pump head and oriantate it so the speed switch is on the side or underneath. N.b. a circulating pump is dismantled by removing the 4 allen key bolts around the head. Avoid undoing the pump isolators as they are difficult to access. Isolators are turned off by turning the screwdriver slot 90 degrees so that the slot is across the pipe, Do this slowly and with a wide blade, even so they will weep until you return them to their oridginal possition. Be prepared to draindown and change a pump valve as they may not reseal themselves. good luck. Paul Southampton.
Paul Technician Southampt
Paul Technician Southampt

Back to top Go down

Electramate 2000 12 kW Empty Electramate 2000 12 kW

Post  jim murdoch Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:01 pm

Ty for your reply Paul I will keep you in touch

Jim

jim murdoch

Back to top Go down

Electramate 2000 12 kW Empty Re: Electramate 2000 12 kW

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content