Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind of its own!

2 posters

Go down

Mind of its own! Empty Mind of its own!

Post  tomcrosbie Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:32 pm

First of all hello great forum!

My Electramate has seemed to developed a mind of its own, the heating and hot water work fine but the PCB randomly fires all the pumps and heater bottle at the same time and then the display wont respond to any button presses the only way to rectify this is to cycle the mains. Would i be right in saying that the top Green LED on the PCB should always be on? When this 'lock up' happens the PCB does not show DHW or HEATING sensor bars on the display and wont switch off the Heater elements when they reach TOP TEMP it just keeps going until the store safety thermostat finally pops out. The Danfoss has no effect in 'lock up' either.

Ive tried the following:

1. Re-seating all the connectors
2. Looked at back of PCB for any signs of damage
3. Dissconnecting Danfoss Thermostat (I was feeking lucky)

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Tom

tomcrosbie

Back to top Go down

Mind of its own! Empty Re: Mind of its own!

Post  THERMAL SOLUTIONS Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:46 am

processor on the board is failing, its a common problem when all 3 pumps run and you cant control the heating, fine at the moment but no good in the summer.
im here answering questions as im snowed in in sunny cambridgeshire and not been able to work for 5 days now !!!!!!!
hope this helps
mark.
www.gledhill-repair.co.uk

THERMAL SOLUTIONS

http://www.gledhill-repair.co.uk

Back to top Go down