Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Programming On / Off

2 posters

Go down

Programming On / Off Empty Programming On / Off

Post  Mahneb Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:57 am

Hi,

This is my first post here so hi to everyone.

We have a pulsacoil 2000 that constantly seems to switch on off at will. I was wondering if there is a timer unit that i can program to turn the pulsacoil on and off at certain times?

It is rather noisy at night (our bedroom is right next to the cupboard that houses the pulsacoil) and it can be heard switching on and off every minute or so, and i'm getting rather irritated by it now.

HELP!!!.

Cheers

Mahneb

Back to top Go down

Programming On / Off Empty Re: Programming On / Off

Post  Mahneb Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:34 am

Hiya,

More information for you.

There is an orion 512 system 500 timer on the wall that i think controls the pulsacoil. But after downloading the manual for it, it seems this box controls our panel heaters so i'm not sure if this actually controls the pulsacoil.

I have removed the panel on the front of the pulsacoil and see there is a switch on the right hand side that has system 500 written on it in the same writing as the timer as previosly mentioned. It has a dial with a slot in the middle with "zones" 1 to 12 on the dial. It is currently set to 8.

Referring back to the Orion 512 system 500 this also has "zones" so I'm wondering if this is actually the timer for the pulsacoil?

Questions:

1. Does the timer switch have to be on zone 8?
2. Can i put it on zone 1?
3. What does the zones indicate?
4. Below the timer i have 3 switches. Two are numbered 1 and 2. Number 1 is on but number 2 is off. It looks like the wires go into the pulsacoil. What do theese do? Why is number 2 off? Should it be on?

How bl**dy complicated for a hot water heating system.

Cheers.

Mahneb

Back to top Go down

Post  THERMAL SOLUTIONS Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:56 pm

orion 512 only runs your storage heaters.
pulsacoil is controlled by 3 wall switches
1. will give you a permant supply to the unit[ this needs to be on all the time.
2. will be your boost button[ bear in mind this is daytime rate electricity
3. will be your overnight [ec7 -ec10 ] and needs to be always on.
hope this helps.
by the way you say you hear it at night ? how long does it run for ?
you may need a sparky to let you know the correct set up of you switches.
mark
www.gledhill-repair.co.uk

THERMAL SOLUTIONS

http://www.gledhill-repair.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahneb Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:38 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

1. OK done.
2. This was off and will remain off.
3. The third switch is not marked as number 3 but is on.

The thing seems to switch on and off all night (controlled by the thermostat it sounds like). It just seems to me that the thing is on constantly, switching on and off as the temp drops slightly the thermo kicks in and the heating comes on for 15 to 30 seconds then kicks off again. This is the pattern throughout the day AND night.

I have no idea what an ec7 - ec10 is i'm afraid. What does that mean?

It seems as though i will need to get a sparky in to set up the correct switches as you mentioned.

Is there no way of programming a timer myself? Surely everyone's life is different and needs to be easily programmed to suit ones life? This seems rather strange to have to get a sparky in to sort the timer out.

Thanks for your help Mark. I appreciate it.

Tony.

Mahneb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum