Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help! Noone can fix our problem- luke warm water and heating.

3 posters

Go down

Please help! Noone can fix our problem- luke warm water and heating. Empty Please help! Noone can fix our problem- luke warm water and heating.

Post  newzealand Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Our problem started in October. I noticed the radiatiors were only luke warm. British Gas said the system was sludged up. This is not the case - the house is only 4 years old. Plumbers have been and gone - as far as we can tell the red pump runs for about 10-20 secs then turns off hence the radiators don't get warm. The grey pump is also dead. We now have no hot water. Turning to emergency hot water makes little difference. However, at times the hot water comes back on again and we don't even touch any dials/switches.

Noone seems to be able to solve the problem, Gledhill don't want to know and I'm sorry but this central heating system seems to be the worst sytem ever invented.

Please help - we are in North Lincolnshire if anyone can help!?

newzealand

Back to top Go down

Please help! Noone can fix our problem- luke warm water and heating. Empty Have you

Post  mike Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi have you the book?
If not go on Gledhill website and down load one.
Has the header tank got water.
You have 3 pumps on the BM 2000.
1 for the boiler to the unit Is that working? Boiler on max?
If the unit is not up to temperature you will not get any hot water or heating.
You could have trouble with pcb.
Try turning the unit off at the switch in the cupboard for 30 minutes or so.
Then turn back on, sometimes this will sort them out.
Does your boiler run? And if so for how long?
The pump on the left hand side is the boiler one is there heat both sides of the pump?
Is the pump running?
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Please help! Noone can fix our problem- luke warm water and heating. Empty Thanks for the ideas

Post  newzealand Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:57 am

Thanks for your suggestions - we really are at a loss of what to do!

The bolier is on max and fires for short periods of time then goes off. I don't think the bolier is the problem.

The left hand grey pump is definetly dead so we are getting that replaced but I'm not convinced that is the problem as I am sure that was working last week and we still had the problem.

The red middle pump is cutting out after 10/15 secs but is now wired in to run continuously to give us some heating all be it luke warm. The water appears to be hot going into the tank but return pipes are cold.

I will try switching it off and on again.

Many thanks.

newzealand

Back to top Go down

Please help! Noone can fix our problem- luke warm water and heating. Empty Working

Post  mike Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:02 am

If the boiler pump is now dead but was working.
Was it ? Working as in going round or just appeared to be working.
Sometimes even when the pump appears to be working it is not.
Even had cases where the impeller has broken etc.
You will have to work through the problems.
But the unit must be fully hot before it will work correctly.
1st get the unit hot then go from there.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Please help! Noone can fix our problem- luke warm water and heating. Empty Re: Please help! Noone can fix our problem- luke warm water and heating.

Post  THERMAL SOLUTIONS Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:11 pm

sounds like you need to check the store temp to see that is allowing the gas boiler to run until the boilermate is satisfied, if there is not enough store temp the heating pump will only run until the store temp gets to around 60 degrees at that point it will shut down .
hope this helps
mark.
www.gledhill-repair.co.uk

THERMAL SOLUTIONS

http://www.gledhill-repair.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Please help! Noone can fix our problem- luke warm water and heating. Empty Re: Please help! Noone can fix our problem- luke warm water and heating.

Post  newzealand Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Thanks for all your suggestions. Gledhill have eventually found an engineer to call on Saturday- this seems the cheapest option as I have had British Gas, 2 plumbers and an electrician to it so may as well go for Gledhills repair before I pay anyone else. Will let you all know the outcome for further help to others! Fingers cross Gledhill can repair it!

newzealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down