Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate 2 - problem refillling the system

3 posters

Go down

Boilermate 2 - problem refillling the system Empty Boilermate 2 - problem refillling the system

Post  web777 Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 am

Hi, I have had a problem with one of the radiators. It basically fell off the wall, had to drain the sysytem to remove and repair it. All fine now except that the system wont refill itself. Tried bleeding all the rads but only the ones downstairs are full of water the ones upstairs are empty. The boiler keeps cutting out and I have some terrible sounds coming from the boliermate itself. Do you know how to refill the system or which pipe coming from the boilermate it the culprit. The expansion tank is full by the way. I read somewhere that you can manually refill it using a hose pipe but I'm not sure how to do this.

Any help greatly appreciated

W

web777

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2 - problem refillling the system Empty filling bm2

Post  aweight Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:54 am

It sounds like the feed from the f and e tank to the main store is blocked - i believe you can refill it with a hosepipe by connecting it to the drain of tap located at the bottom of the store near the pumps, it should be labelled.

Use a jubilee clip to keep the hose in place otherwise it will come off

I have never done this so might be missing some details - I am not an engineer

One question I dont know the answer to is when do you know it's full?

There is a permanent fix shown on Mikes site, this consists of adding a new filler tibe form the cistern to the drain off valve position on the main store

Andy

aweight

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2 - problem refillling the system Empty Re: Boilermate 2 - problem refillling the system

Post  jakd Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:33 pm

I discovered the same problem on one of those badly timed Sunday afternoon diy jobs when I decided it was about time to drain the system and replenish the rust inhibitor, only to find that it wouldn't refill. I also discovered that the drain valve had become permanently shut and couldn't force water in to the bottom of the tank either. Anyway, rather than the drastic action of fitting a new filler pipe, I removed the F&E tank and attached an isolating valve to the inlet feed of the tank, a short length of 15mm copper attached to the other end of the valve, on to which I fastened a garden hose with a jubilee clip. I attached the other end of the hose to the garden tap (naturally ;-) ) and used mains pressure to clear the blockage. I also replaced the drain valve and had fresh water circulating in and out through the tank until it ran clear.

jakd

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2 - problem refillling the system Empty Re: Boilermate 2 - problem refillling the system

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down