Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faulty Relay?

2 posters

Go down

Faulty Relay? Empty Faulty Relay?

Post  Chubba Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:10 am

Hello

I get hot water with no problems in the mornings when it's heated via the off-peak settings but find that it's not enough to last until the following morning. I usually use the boost button in the evenings so we can shower or washing up but have noticed that the boost light now stays on constantly until I turn it off whereas before it will turn off automatically after an hour or so if I forget to do it manually. The water now is also luke warm at best.

Looking through other posts / threads, I can see that it can most likely be a relay burn out failure? What is this exactly and what are the typical costs of repair? Unfortunately I do not live in the Berkshire area and therefore cannot call on the services of Mike but any advice would be greatly appreciated from Mike or anyone else.

Thanks

Chubba

Back to top Go down

Faulty Relay? Empty Re: Faulty Relay?

Post  Mike the Boilerman Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:21 am

Hi Chubba,

Yep this sounds like boost element relay failure. The power is not being sent on to the boost heater element so the appliance waits forever for the temp to rise and never turns OFF the boost.

Best to replace both relays at once, takes around an hour. Cost of relays varies widely. £100 for a pair direct form Gledhill is about the most expensive I've encountered!

Cheers, mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down