Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very poor flow from hot taps

3 posters

Go down

Very poor flow from hot taps Empty Very poor flow from hot taps

Post  skinner Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi, just moved into new flat which has a pulsacoil 2000 fitted. The cold water supply flow and pressure is good at all outlets and going into the heat exchanger but the hot supply flow at the taps/shower is very low. I disconnected the hot water pipe from the heat exchanger turned the mains back on and the flow from here is low aswell. Would this mean the heat exchanger is scaled up and needs replacing ? Or is there something that could maybe cause this?
Thanks skinner

skinner

Back to top Go down

Very poor flow from hot taps Empty Re: Very poor flow from hot taps

Post  Mike the Boilerman Fri May 07, 2010 1:27 am

Hi skinner

This is almost certainly water scale clogging the heat exchanger. Either descale it using a powerflushing pump, or replace it (the heat exchanger, that is!)

There is one other possibility. The Pulsacoil 2000 has a gauze strainer on the water inlet. This 'may' be blocked but it is unusual. I'd say about one in a hundred Pulsacoils I fix with these symptoms is a blocked strainer, 99 times out of a hundred it is scale in the heat exchanger.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Very poor flow from hot taps Empty Plated heat exchanger

Post  sunny.sahdev Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:07 am

Agree, it most likely will be the plated heat exchanger, also check to see if there are any isolators in the flat connected to the hot water side which has not been opened fully.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Very poor flow from hot taps Empty Re: Very poor flow from hot taps

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down