Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original boilermate: part number for timer delay PCB

Go down

Original boilermate: part number for timer delay PCB Empty Original boilermate: part number for timer delay PCB

Post  paulp Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi
this is my first post to this board. I have found it a valuable source of information.
I was hoping I would never have to post on here as genrally it means you only have a problem.

I have a problem.

I I need to change the PCB,DELAY TIMER, on my boilermate. It is an orginal bioler mate FE140.

Looking around I can only see PCB's for boilermate ii, part number XB041.
My question is will this part be ok for the orginal boilermate.
I have compared how my part looks compared to XB041 and it looks all but the same apart from the big capacior.
I have enlcosed a picture, I hope, for some of you experts to compare.

paulp

Back to top Go down

Original boilermate: part number for timer delay PCB Empty Re: Original boilermate: part number for timer delay PCB

Post  paulp Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:54 pm

I have replaced the old circuit board with the part XB041 and it works a treat.
In fact I bought a refurbished one of ebay half the price of a new one. Super...

I also replaced the mixing valve and discovered a real shocker. The valve was hollow, the cold inlet was block with a 10 pence piece...... Can you believe it...

No wonder I have had a poor water supply for such a long time.

I did make me think though that there must be a design fault with these valves. They are not durable.

Does anyone have an idea how these valves could be modernized to something that will give longer life.

paulp

Back to top Go down