Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off-peak supply

2 posters

Go down

Off-peak supply Empty Off-peak supply

Post  altymatt Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:43 am

Hello, wonder if anyone can help, I have just moved into a rented apartment with an electramate heating system. I have experience of one of these in a previous apartment so I know how it's supposed to work which is why I suspect something is not right with the current setup on this one...

The apartments are about 5 years old and were fitted with the electrmate boilers from new. Now in my previous apartment which had the same system i seem to remember that the off-peak tariff meter reading was considerably higher than the peak supply, which would make sense to me if the boiler is charging during these times. In this one, the two readings are very similar, which for a 5 year old apartment would seem strange wouldn't it?

Also, in the boiler cupboard there is the main power supply to the boiler which has a large red switch and a red light, and that's switched on so all good there. But there are also two other wires coming from two fused blank socket type things which look like they go under the boiler - maybe into it, one from each side. One on these has a switch on it which was switched off. Question is - could this be the low power signal to tell the boiler when it's off-peak/peak, so if it's switched off, could this be the reason why the readings are the same, i.e. it doesn't know when the best time to charge is? I have tried switching it on and there is no obvious sign that it controls anything else in the flat.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Matt

altymatt

Back to top Go down

Off-peak supply Empty Re: Off-peak supply

Post  mike Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:16 pm

If you posted some pictures that might help.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down