Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shocked at high bills!

2 posters

Go down

Shocked at high bills! Empty Shocked at high bills!

Post  rossco Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:13 am

My girlfriend and I moved into a one bedroom flat back in June. The flat has a Pulsacoil A-Class for hot water supply only. It is not connected to the radiators. We both work during the week and we are careful with our electricity usage. We have don’t leave lights on, rarely use the radiators and we leave no appliances on standby. However we are still getting electricity bills between £95 - £100 per month. After I submitted my first reading to our electricity supplier I was shocked so I read up a bit on the Pulsacoil A-Class. I have since had a timer fitted when previously there were just the two switches in which I had to manually turn on and off the off peak switch. The Pulsacoil A-Class only switches the off peak on now for 3 hours during the night but we are still getting the same high bills.

Can anyone give us any advice apart from getting economy 7 as I’m trying to sort out a economy 7 meter but my landlord is holding this process up for reasons only he knows?

Thanks!

rossco

Back to top Go down

Shocked at high bills! Empty Re: Shocked at high bills!

Post  mike Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:12 am

You need E7 which is half price.
You also need to have the unit on for 6 hours per night.
Once heated it will stop heating if it is running right.
It has over heat sensor so would not just keep heating and heating.
If you under heat the unit it will not correct.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down