Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pump going continuously pulsacoil III

3 posters

Go down

pump going continuously pulsacoil III Empty pump going continuously pulsacoil III

Post  bobjob Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Plumber came and replaced seized pump with an Alpha 2 15 - 50 - 130 which runs ALL THE TIME. Does this mean that it's the wrong pump for the job or some other part not working ? PLEASE get back to me on this one as I have sought advice from Gledhill and the two Gledhill numbers available to ring gave me different advice. First said to retain old pump base and fit new head from an XB004 ( why ? please ) . . . and other technical advisor was happy with the Alpha 2
as long as speed setting was on 3 ( it is ). Obviously if Alpha pump is wrong pump we have to get plumber back, but I need to know what pump to specify for the Pulsa 3 setup. Thanks in advance. You will recognise me as Bob from Devon who successfully fixed my Mum in Law's Pulsacoil last month . . my latest question concerns another flat in same complex and I'm trying to help the 86 year old gent who has just moved in and as yet hasn't been able to have a bath in his own flat !
Thanks Mike In anticipation

bobjob

Back to top Go down

pump going continuously pulsacoil III Empty Re: pump going continuously pulsacoil III

Post  mike Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:51 am

As far as I am concerned.
The PC III has sensors and a pump PCB.
This speeds the pump up and down ref to temperature.
Although the is a mixer / blending as well.
Look up the ref to
Warning about 15/50 pumps on here.
You may find that the pump will stop running when the unit is hot.
If there are no sensor faults.
Then the PCB could be faulty.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

pump going continuously pulsacoil III Empty Re: pump going continuously pulsacoil III

Post  bobjob Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks Mike . I think I will get on to Grundfos tomorrow who may be able to pinpoint the model that DOES modulate down to 50 volts rather than the standard 150 approx. volts you mention in the warning. I will also go ahead and get sensors changed in the hope that by so doing the pump starts behaving.

bobjob

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Grundfos will NOT help you.
As they make the pumps for Gledhill to their specification.GT 105 is the one listed for the PC III
But I am pretty sure it is now the XB 004.
Mike

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  bobjob Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:08 am

Me again Mike . . Thanks for your information last night. I didn't ring Grundfos on your advice but DID have a second session with Gledhill Technical man. What a breath of fresh air this man was . . I'm afraid last man I rang there said yes to using Alpha type pump which I now know is definitely the wrong pump - as you stated. I'm going to get plumber back to change pump now that I have "ammunition" that he will have to agree with, namely : Correct Grundfos Part Number is 59525452 , whose electronic windings are specified by Gledhill, which allows pump to run to a much lower voltage than the standard equivalent Grundfos unit. The Gledhill Part number is indeed XB004 Mike, as you advised. This Gledhill advisor's advice was to first get correct pump fitted, then if any other problem manifests itself, at least you know that the pump is NOT the problem. Thanks for your patience Mike on this . . . but it has taken more than one call to winkle out that nugget of essential information from Gledhill ( many thanks to that advisor today whoever you may be ....)

bobjob

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:16 am

Should have got his name!
May have been Frank, Chuck or Alan.
See how it goes!
Mike

mike

Back to top Go down

pump going continuously pulsacoil III Empty Pump sourced

Post  sunny.sahdev Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:14 am

Hi,

You can purchase the right pump on-line, here is the link - Pulsacoil 3 Spares

Here is the specification for the pump:
Grundfos
Type UPS 15-50X18
230V
50Hz
2uF
P/N: 59525453
PC: 1318GS
IP rating - IP44
TR 110
Class H
Max. 1.0MPa

|1/1(A) = P1(W)
0.17 = 40
0.28 = 65
0.42 = 95

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down