Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pump running continuously

4 posters

Go down

Pump running continuously Empty Pump running continuously

Post  Matt184 Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:54 pm

Hello Mike, I wrote to you a couple of months ago, We have a Boiler mate II.
1.The water pump at the bottom of the Boiler mate II runs all the time even when the green light at the bottom of the cylinder goes out. In replies to other topics posted it seems it is probably a faulty pump delay timer. If this is the likely cause what is the specific part that needs replacing, how easy is it to remove and replace and where can I order a new one from? Also should I replace any other components at the same time, if I've got the front panel of the boiler off.

2.You said I need to calibrate the BM II with the main Boiler downstairs which constantly fires up. You said instructions are on the BMII to do this but can't see any. How do i callibrate this?

Thanks in advance
Matthew

Matt184

Back to top Go down

Pump running continuously Empty Re: Pump running continuously

Post  Mike the Boilerman Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:17 am

Hi Matthew,

1) Yes this is failed pump delay timer board. Fit a new board. There are two boards behind the front pael, one is the delay timer board, the other is the CH Pump Drive board. The delay timer board is the lower of the two. Mght be a good idea to replace both boards anyway as they are both prone to randomly making a loud buzzing sound that yours may also be sufferring from. The Boilermate thermostat may need replacing too if you find you can't callibrate it.

2) Instructions to callibrate are normally printed on the boilermate somewhere. Yours may just be out of view.

1: Turn the Boilermate stat to MAX (green light ON)
2: Turn the boiler stat to MAX
3: Wait for the boiler burners to turn OFF on the boiler stat, BM green light should still be ON.
4: Turn BM stat down until it clicks and the green light goes OFF
5: Now turn the BM stat down a little further until it passes the next peg hole down
6: Insert a peg in the hole to stop the BM stat ever being turned up beyond that peg.

Stat is now callibrated. Leave boiler stat on MAX.

Cheers Mike

Hello Mike, I wrote to you a couple of months ago, We have a Boiler mate II.
1.The water pump at the bottom of the Boiler mate II runs all the time even when the green light at the bottom of the cylinder goes out. In replies to other topics posted it seems it is probably a faulty pump delay timer. If this is the likely cause what is the specific part that needs replacing, how easy is it to remove and replace and where can I order a new one from? Also should I replace any other components at the same time, if I've got the front panel of the boiler off.

2.You said I need to calibrate the BM II with the main Boiler downstairs which constantly fires up. You said instructions are on the BMII to do this but can't see any. How do i callibrate this?

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt184 Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:42 pm

Thanks for your help Mike, I ordered the new PCB's that you suggested from Segal, where I had great service.
I replaced both the boards in about 20 mins and the pump only comes on when required now. Also the boiler doesn't fire up as often either so the gas bill should be less !!

regards
Matt

Matt184

Back to top Go down

Pump running continuously Empty Boilermate II Boiler pump running continuously

Post  swansojb Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:30 am

I have the same problem. Boiler pump runs continuously unless mains is switched off. Replaced timer delay board and no change. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

swansojb

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike the Boilerman Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:49 am

Hi swansojb,

Are you saying you have EXACTLY the same problem as the original poster? That the pump continues to run even when the green light on your Boilermate II goes out? If so, then the NEW delay timer board you fitted is faulty. Or your system is wired up wrongly.

But I suspect your green light is staying ON all the time in which case the boiler is not calibrated to the Boilermate. The instructions are in my previous post in this thread!

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Pump running continuously Empty Boilermate II Boiler Pump running continuously

Post  swansojb Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:58 am

Does not make any difference whether light is off or on.

Have done the calibrating before, but did it again.
Set thermostate so green light extinguished.
Green light remains extinguished and pump still runs continuously.

swansojb

Back to top Go down

Pump running continuously Empty Boilermate II Boiler pump continuopus running

Post  swansojb Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:25 am

Have now found that the pump continues to run but does stop after about 4 hours by which time all the stored hot water is cold.
On the boiler delay board, connections 1, 2 & 4 are live when boiler, CH & HW are all running.
When room timer goes off (CH and HW off) 1 & 4 are live.
After the 4 fours or so when pump stops only 4 is live.

Any advice would be appreciated.

swansojb

Back to top Go down

Post  gg1a Wed May 20, 2015 2:17 am

i have similar problem, boiler was buzzing, replaced timer delay from ebay, buzzing gone but heating wont go off,the green light @ bottom of boiler has never came on to my knowledge
help
do i need to replace pump pcb too?

gg1a

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down