Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

noisy boilermate OV a class

2 posters

Go down

noisy boilermate OV a class Empty noisy boilermate OV a class

Post  Vicky5678 Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:41 am

I moved into a newbuild property 5 years ago with a glow worm boiler and boilermate OV A class installed. Until yesterday i have had no issues at all. The central heating is running on timed function and hot water set to constant. I still have both heating and hot water working but since yesterday there has been an intermittent noise coming from the boilermate that sounds exactly like a kettle boiling! If i turn the hot water switch to off this stops, but resumes if i turn it back on.

I have the "switch" set to off but there is a bright red continuous light on despite this. I really cannot recall if this has always been illuminated.

Does anyone recognise this problem? As i said, i still do have hot water and heating, but this noise is definitely new. I have looked through the forums and couldn't find anything similar.

Thanks

Vicky
Norfolk

Vicky5678

Back to top Go down

noisy boilermate OV a class Empty Re: noisy boilermate OV a class

Post  mike Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:27 am

Have you checked the header tank?
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicky5678 Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the header tank which seems to have plenty of water.

Any suggestions what to try next?

Also, I haven't noticed the boiler firing at all today, although any use of hot water prompts this boiling kettle like noise from the boilermate. Still do have hot water and heating though.

Vicky5678

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:27 am

Sounds a bit weird, although hard to describe in words sometimes.
What happens when / if you run the hot water or heating. And then the boiler fires up?
Another thing to check is;
Drain some water from the unit and check that the water goes down in the header tank.
If it does then good.
If it does not then blocked cold feed and you have sludge problems.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicky5678 Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:23 am

After doing some digging into the manual and installation manual of the boilermate we have removed the front to get access to the LED display behind. This display indicates no faults. The "noise" the boilermate is doing is not uncommon when it is heating up water.

After that we started to read the manual for our boiler ( glow worm ultracom 18hxi ). And after digging into the installation manual we found how you can browse the most reset faults and the first and only fault is F1:
noisy boilermate OV a class Rsz_sc11

As the F1 fault have many many reasons we are lost on what to do next, and I guess our only choice is to call for someone to come and have a look at this, or is there still something we can try do before attempting to find someone to come and take a look. And what would it cost to have someone coming and looking at this?

Vicky5678

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:50 am

Who service's the boiler?
Mike

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content