Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PHE sensor failure and on....

Go down

PHE sensor failure and on.... Empty PHE sensor failure and on....

Post  roromac Tue May 05, 2009 8:18 am

As a newbee i have come to you as I have reached an inconclusion. The symptom of this 18kw was fluctuatiing hot water output temp from cold to well above the regulated 55C. The ACB diagnosed a faulty PHE sensor. I got one froe SEGEL and replaced - no difference. Running a reboot of the ACB didn't solve the problem but I noticed that the pump adjacent to the PHE wasn't running and during test a buzzing came from the ACB _ Iassume this is a relay and the pump isn't working. At the same time, of the two red LEDs on the fan control board, the right hand one is permanently flashing.
Have I diagnosed the correct fault? Do I have a faulty pump or zummat else?
TKU in antic.

roromac

Back to top Go down

PHE sensor failure and on.... Empty Re: PHE sensor failure and on....

Post  roromac Tue May 05, 2009 10:30 am

p.s. i'm not in the trade but two plumbers have so far not been able to improve things and I do like a challenge - but I am getting a bit fed up.
Rob

roromac

Back to top Go down

Post  roromac Thu May 07, 2009 4:16 am

Is it maybe the DHW sensor rather than the PHE sensor? Does the ACB error message show the same for both faults?
Rob

roromac

Back to top Go down

Post  roromac Mon May 11, 2009 4:20 pm

I solved the problem - mostly. The last plumber had replaced the DHW sensor rather than the the PHE sensor. To be fair he didn't have the MIs. I replaced the PHE sensor and the temperature of the hot water syabilised. I still think it's too high and above the supposed regulated 55C. The heat store sensor is just inserted into a tube so relies on conduction for a measure. Heat transmitting paste should conduct better than air and I think that should reduce the actual, rather than measured hot water storage temperature.
Rob

roromac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down