Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil 2000 - No green light and water not very hot in the morning

2 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - No green light and water not very hot in the morning Empty Pulsacoil 2000 - No green light and water not very hot in the morning

Post  GerryM Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:05 am

Hi All. I've just moved into a flat that has the Pulsacoil 2000 installed. The off peak light comes on during the night but in the morning the water just appears to be lukewarm and we can only get the water hot enough to shower when we use the immersion switch.

I asked the previous owner and he said he just used the immersion for an hour in the morning and again in the evening to get his hot water but I think that defeats the object of having this type of water heater

Also, there doesn't appear to be a green light showing where it is indicated

Any ideas of what the problems could be and if it is an easy fix or not. I live in North London

GerryM

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - No green light and water not very hot in the morning Empty Re: Pulsacoil 2000 - No green light and water not very hot in the morning

Post  GerryM Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Also, we now haven't been able to get any hot water this evening with the immersion heater switched to on and the plate where the switch is appears very warm now

GerryM

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - No green light and water not very hot in the morning Empty Re: Pulsacoil 2000 - No green light and water not very hot in the morning

Post  GerryM Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:45 pm

And the red light is now flashing 7 times per second......

GerryM

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:27 am

As this sounds like multiple problems. First, there is something wrong with one or both immersion heater. The not working green led is just a bulb and has no important function rather to indicate the boiler is on. Second, there is something wrong with your sensor/ PCB or pump, if your Pulsacoil is hot and no hot water coming to the tap. I guess this is a bit more than a DIY job. But all this is repairable, so no need for a new boiler. Best is, call an expert for Gledhill boiler and get your Pulsacoil repaired back to formal glory. Also, there is an electrical problem with your wall switch, this should not be hot at all.
Kind regards Master Mario at Mario’s Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  GerryM Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:21 am

Thanks for your response Mario. I will get it looked at ASAP

Also, this morning at 4am it was still cold water only and the off peak power light was on and the red flashing light was back to twice a second. Now, at 9am it is now as hot as we would like it.

GerryM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down