Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draining a BM II - Can I check first if the F&E internal cold-fill pipe is blocked?

2 posters

Go down

Draining a BM II - Can I check first if the F&E internal cold-fill pipe is blocked? Empty Draining a BM II - Can I check first if the F&E internal cold-fill pipe is blocked?

Post  matg Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:57 pm

I need to move a radiator pipe so in order to do so I'm going to need to drain the BM II.

From what I've read refilling may be an issue as the internal cold fill pipe can get blocked, is there any way to check its not block before draining it.

When I removed the radiator by simply shutting off the the valves one of the valves was leaking so I quickly stuck a bowl underneath while I went to get a cap nut. However I did hear the BM II begin to fill up as water was leaking out and since capping the the leaky valve I've had no heating issues.

So is this a good sign the internal cold fill is ok?

IfI attach a hose to a radiator drain valve leaving the cold water on and began to gently drain it and again hear and see the F&E tank begin to refill can I safely assume the water from the F&E tank is filling the main tank.

Last edited by matg on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

matg

Back to top Go down

Draining a BM II - Can I check first if the F&E internal cold-fill pipe is blocked? Empty Re: Draining a BM II - Can I check first if the F&E internal cold-fill pipe is blocked?

Post  mike Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:22 pm

Yes you are right in your thoughts.
Make sure you remove the white plastic cover to the F & E tank.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Draining a BM II - Can I check first if the F&E internal cold-fill pipe is blocked? Empty Re: Draining a BM II - Can I check first if the F&E internal cold-fill pipe is blocked?

Post  matg Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:26 am

mike wrote:Yes you are right in your thoughts.
Make sure you remove the white plastic cover to the F & E tank.
Mike

Thanks Mike appreciate the reply.

Lots of scum floating in the F&E tank so I might skim some of that off first into a bucket by hand

matg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down