Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor hot water flow

Go down

Poor hot water flow Empty Poor hot water flow

Post  TheFunkeyGibbon Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:32 am

I am trying to figure out which part is likely to be faulty and could do with some advice.

Symptoms:

• Hot Water does get delivered but only for a few seconds, less if the flow is high, like the shower.

Tests:

• The heat exchanger is getting warm but goes cool\cold quite quickly
  • The vent pipe is jacketed but if pull the foam back it isn't warm. Could this mean the tank is too cold?
  • Running the boost does not appear to help.
  • I never hear the pump come on when testing but I'm not sure if I should or not.
  • The header thank is as full as the float-valve will allow. It required a small top up but it was by no means empty.
  • The case is warm, not hot, to the touch to the left of both immersion elements.
  • The PCB LED blink pattern indicates the thermostats are both functional.

Based on the above can anybody suggest either a fault or further tests I could do? Please bear in mind I'm a consumer not a plumber or electrician.

Thanks.

TheFunkeyGibbon

Back to top Go down

Poor hot water flow Empty Re: Poor hot water flow

Post  TheFunkeyGibbon Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:29 am

Ok so further diagnosis seems to suggest that the pump isn't running. I've seen suggestions that I should remove the large brass screw at the front on the pump to check that the impeller blades can spin freely as they may be sticking. Should I expect a lot of water to come out when I do this? I want to be prepared before I start!

Also the Led on the PCB started flashing to indicate a T2 sensor fault briefly before returning to the normal pattern. Could this indicate something else?

I am in the Milton Keynes area if anybody can recommend an experienced Pulsacoil engineer in this area it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TheFunkeyGibbon

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkeyGibbon Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Ok I clearly have no idea what's going on and I'm not getting any replies. If I ever figure it out I'll let y'all know in the hope that it saves people grief in the future.

One thing I do know is these Pulsacoil are a huge pain in the arse and I curse the builders for installing one rather than a proper boiler!

TheFunkeyGibbon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down