Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House taking an age to warm up.

2 posters

Go down

House taking an age to warm up.  Empty House taking an age to warm up.

Post  LeeJ Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:46 am

Hi,
I'm finding the combo of bm2000 and ideal classic 350 are taking an age to heat the house.
This morning the heating was set to 20c, to come on for 2 hours, by the time it switched off the hive thermostat only read 18c.
Later I tried again setting the heating manually and to go from 16c to 20c took 2 hours. I took the readings from the acb before: store T1 73, T1 ON 66, T1 OFF 73. PHE T2 54. DHW T3 59.
Readings after: T1 73, T1 ON 72, T1 OFF 75.
T2 57. T3 61.

The boiler had a gas flow valve replaced in the last 12 months and a recent service. I have had a hive fitted recently which has probably drawn my attention to it because I can see the exact temp.
Any ideas to the cause.
Thanks and a happy new year.
Lee

LeeJ

Back to top Go down

House taking an age to warm up.  Empty temperatures

Post  mmartin Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:09 am

Hi the T2 first temperature reading of 53 is to low so the boiler should have been on trying to push it back up to the 60s high 70s. With it at 53 the heating pump will not even run as the system prioritises the tank temperature and hot water over heating. Is the boiler thermostat set on max as this is what is recommended? The output pipe from the boiler should be to hot to hold ideally if you can measure it it should be in the high 70's. Hope this helps. Regards Murray

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

House taking an age to warm up.  Empty Re: House taking an age to warm up.

Post  LeeJ Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:36 am

mmartin wrote:Hi the T2 first temperature reading of 53 is to low so the boiler should have been on trying to push it back up to the 60s high 70s.  With it at 53 the heating pump will not even run as the system prioritises the tank temperature and hot water over heating.  Is the boiler thermostat set on max as this is what is recommended?  The output pipe from the boiler should be to hot to hold ideally if you can measure it it should be in the high 70's.  Hope this helps.  Regards Murray

Hi Murray
Thanks for your reply. Yes the boiler is set to max. I'll check the output pipe for temperature tomorrow when I can get in the garage. I thought the t1 store temp was the all important number, no? I've purchased 2 bottles of x400, going to see if this helps.

Thanks
Lee

LeeJ

Back to top Go down

House taking an age to warm up.  Empty T1

Post  mmartin Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:06 am

Hi the T1 button shows the various set points for the system. Using T2 shows the actual readings of the system temperature sensors. Is the water level Ok in the system? Usually this is also apparent from lots of gurgling noises. The header tank can be full but the pipe between the two then gets bunged up, wire coat hanger can be used to remedy this apparently. There are many instances of the boiler thermostat going soft and not allowing the boiler to operate at max temperature. Hope you can sort it. Murray

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  LeeJ Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:44 am

Hi Murray

There's no gurgling noise, it's pretty quiet really, I'll check the header tank when I put the x400 in tomorrow and get back to you with my findings. Fortunately the heating works, it's just taking a lot longer to reach the target temp, once it's there it holds it OK.

Thanks again
Lee

LeeJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down