Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate 2000 Issues - now not working at all!

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate 2000 Issues - now not working at all! Empty Boilermate 2000 Issues - now not working at all!

Post  Benchurch1 Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:56 am

Hello all

Long story short the Boilermate 2000 in my flat has never really done an amazing job with hot water but I’m a bit clueless with these things and it was never much of an issue…..

Approx 2 weeks ago after trawling these forums and other things online I took the front off my Boilermate 2000, the red led’s were flashing and I pushed the small reset button on the thermostat and hey presto it started working again! No error lights showing etc and I had incredibly hot water whenever I needed it for the first time in ages!!!

Fast forward to yesterday morning, woke up to have a shower before work and the water is icy. There’s now no lights on the Boilermate 2000 whatsoever, I’ve tried to switch on / off but nothing is happening! Feels like for my good 2 weeks of performance it’s now completely died.

Any ideas what I should try first?

From reading these forums I feel PCB replacement is most likely?

Benchurch1

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 Issues - now not working at all! Empty I’m an idiot! It’s a Pulsacoil 2000 not Boilermate 2000

Post  Benchurch1 Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:12 am

Sorry just double checked and the actual system I have is Pulsacoil 2000

Benchurch1

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 Issues - now not working at all! Empty Immersion heaters

Post  mmartin Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:52 am

This is a link to the manual for the unit and on page 23 it shows the meaning of flashing lights on the pcb, dot dot dash dash repeated means normal operation (as far as the pcb is concerned). http://www.gledhill-spares.net/documents/PulsaCoil2000-Iss11.pdf

I'm no expert on this unit but it has two immersion heaters one on peak and one off peak. With you saying it had lack lustre performance it makes it sound as though one of them or its control circuit had failed meaning reduced performance, and now the other has meaning no heat at all. Looking at the manual it indicates that each heater has a manual reset safety stat and a control stat (built into one unit apparently) and XB081. This video shows how to reset the thermostat if it has tripped. Power off of course - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVWYxHkwG2k

If it is not the resets on the stats then it might be - Failed immersion, faulty stat or lack of supply to the heaters. Obviously if your not sure or comfortable working with mains it might be best to get a professional in, and always isolate the unit before removing covers.

Regards Murray

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 Issues - now not working at all! Empty Re: Boilermate 2000 Issues - now not working at all!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down