Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brawa mixing valve (XC 007) orientation and associated pipe work.

Go down

Brawa mixing valve (XC 007) orientation and associated pipe work. Empty Brawa mixing valve (XC 007) orientation and associated pipe work.

Post  Robin Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:54 am

Hello all,
From my Boilermate II I had very tepid hot water. I have replaced the Brawa mixing valve (XC 007) and now have good DHW. So far so good.

Now for the more complex part. I replaced the Brawa mixing valve, making sure the orientation of the new valve was identical to the old. The mix outlet of the valve is furthest away from the BM2 and the “W” connection connects directly to the BM2.
However, looking at the other pipe work connections to the BM2 I have the following. Flow out of the Brawa mixing valve (the mix outlet) feeds the ball valve in the F&E tank, the cold supply to the shower and then through a LIFF in-line hot water lime fighter and finally the pipe disappears downstairs.
The “supposedly” hot connection of the shower is connected to the “K” of the BM2 mix valve. The shower does work fine, but is thermostatically controlled.
I cannot see any more pipe work, but I believe the Brawa mixing valve is fitted correctly and the feeds to the mix and K connections are wrong!
As I have central heating and DHW should I just leave the plumbing alone or swap the supplies to the mix and K connections of the Brawa mixing valve?

Robin

Back to top Go down