Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loss of pressure

2 posters

Go down

Loss of pressure Empty Loss of pressure

Post  Worried Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:59 am

I have a Systemate III 83 & I noticed at the weekend that the pressure was at 1 bar I topped it up with the tap & found it had dropped back down to 1 bar with in 20mins, never done this before.

I did this when the heating was off (I don't think its mattered before) I was concerned if this meant there was a problem with the system? I have hot water & heating and no leak that I can see.

I am in a flat & the sysem is 12years old so a little concerned as I am top floor.

I was told to bleed the rads & check they are not leaking...any other thoughts? Only thing I did differently was I turned on a radiator which I have had turned off for several months.

Worried

Back to top Go down

Loss of pressure Empty Re: Loss of pressure

Post  Mike the Boilerman Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:34 am

Hello Worried,

I'm not sure I understand the problem. The system pressure is supposed to be 1.0 Bar when cold! Why are you topping it up?

Cheers, Mike

Worried wrote:I have a Systemate III 83 & I noticed at the weekend that the pressure was at 1 bar I topped it up with the tap & found it had dropped back down to 1 bar with in 20mins, never done this before.

I did this when the heating was off (I don't think its mattered before) I was concerned if this meant there was a problem with the system? I have hot water & heating and no leak that I can see.

I am in a flat & the sysem is 12years old so a little concerned as I am top floor.

I was told to bleed the rads & check they are not leaking...any other thoughts? Only thing I did differently was I turned on a radiator which I have had turned off for several months.

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Loss of pressure Empty Loss of Pressure

Post  Worried Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:49 am

I was told to keep it between 1-2bar & it normally sits at 1.5 bar?
I have been told the overflow pipe is leaking too, this has only just started happening around the same time.

Not sure if the 2 are related or its something to do with the water tank in the loft but I assume all the water for this system comes of the mains not from a tank? Is this true?

Worried

Back to top Go down

Loss of pressure Empty Re: Loss of pressure

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down