Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate II - hot water tap runs cold, CH works fine

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate II - hot water tap runs cold, CH works fine Empty Boilermate II - hot water tap runs cold, CH works fine

Post  gcp78 Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:18 am

Hi there,
We have a Boilermate II and a Glowworm Ultimate 30FF boiler. Last night, the hot water tap started running cold (well, not ice cold but cold enough) I noticed that the boiler was not firing to replenish the Boilermate. I turned the heating on and that seems to work absolutely fine, instantly red hot as usual and the boiler fired up to replenish the tank, so I know there is nothing wrong with the boiler itself. There is no real change to the water pressure from the hot tap (it may be slightly weaker), it's just that it's not hot.
Reading around it, it seems likely that the mixing valve has gone - does that sound right? We are in a hard water area so am worried about general scaling but we are moving very soon so I want the minimum cost fix if possible!
If Mike is around, we are in Hook not too far from Reading, so we might require your services if that sounds like the likely cause and you have the part/can order it?
Thanks.

gcp78

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II - hot water tap runs cold, CH works fine Empty Re: Boilermate II - hot water tap runs cold, CH works fine

Post  MK Group Ltd Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:53 am

Hi,

Yes it sounds like the mixing valve, simple fix costs arround £155.00 labour and materials inc VAT.

Kind regards

Gary
MK Group
MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd

http://www.mkgroupltd.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II - hot water tap runs cold, CH works fine Empty Re: Boilermate II - hot water tap runs cold, CH works fine

Post  gcp78 Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:03 am

Thanks for posting Gary, good that it's a relatively inexpensive fix. Are you the MK Group in Milton Keynes? Bit of a trek to North Hampshire unfortunately, or do you have people across the country?
Cheers,
Graham

gcp78

Back to top Go down

Post  MK Group Ltd Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:16 am

We can cover this job but we would have to charge a £50.00 travelling charge.

Kind regards

Gary
MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd

http://www.mkgroupltd.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down