Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Class - No boost and now leaking

2 posters

Go down

A Class - No boost and now leaking  Empty A Class - No boost and now leaking

Post  Rusky_g Sun May 20, 2012 11:06 am

Hi

Moved into my flat 8 months ago. A Class fitted, all has been fine until a couple of days ago whereby my shower slowly turned cold after maybe 5 minutes. Was late at night so didnt think too much of it, however the next morning it done the same.....therefore:

Had a nosey round the A Class and noted the following -

Boost button does nothing (ie boost light wont come on, whereas it used to)
Top tank was almost empty, water mark was below the exit pipe
Tank itslelf felt only slightly warm, as did the pipe work coming from it
When switching green light switch off and on again, we could hear a crackling sound coming from behind it (shorting out?!)

So having read around on here me and my Dad put some water in the top tank and left it for a bit. Clicking sound was heard and it seemed like the tank was heating up. Had a shower this morning and plenty of hot water; after that I went to just have a check on the A Class and there was a small puddle of water on the floor with the drips comng off the inside ledge of the front door. Boost still not working.....

So how much is this likely to cost to fix?

Last edited by Rusky_g on Sun May 20, 2012 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Rusky_g

Back to top Go down

A Class - No boost and now leaking  Empty Re: A Class - No boost and now leaking

Post  mike Mon May 21, 2012 2:41 am

Well if you filled it up to much that could be the water.
If the unit is hot, Boost will / not work.
Or can you see where the water is leaking from?
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

A Class - No boost and now leaking  Empty Re: A Class - No boost and now leaking

Post  Rusky_g Mon May 21, 2012 6:32 am

Hi Mike

Thanks for replying.

We only filled the top tank up about half way (about 3 inches above the exit pipe, and 2.5 inches below the indent which I assume is the max mark)

The leak continues, in small steady drips, about a quarter of a cup worths overnight. I'm at work at the moment but could try and see where the water is coming from, I assume you undo the 2 top screws at the front of the cabinet? I was a bit hesitant to touch anything until a professional has seen it but if its OK to open the front I will have a look.

Had a shower again this morning and no issues there, plenty of hot water.

Thanks
Russ

Rusky_g

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down