Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil 2000 - new user

3 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - new user Empty Pulsacoil 2000 - new user

Post  Mozambike Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:01 am

I moved into a new flat this week. I have never encountered a Pulsacoil 2000 before and I hope somebody can help with these questions.
There are 3 on/off switches beside the boiler. Why do I need 3 switches?
I dont like the idea of leaving the boiler switched on all the time as I only need hot water in the morning. Is it OK to switch it on for an hour and then off again?
Is economy 7 recommended?
Thanks.

Mozambike

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - new user Empty pulsacoil 2000

Post  southern nrg Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:38 am

ok you have 3 switches one is the main power for the boiler, this controls the actual boiler, the other two are for the immersion heaters, one for the peak one for off peak if you have economy 7 etc fitted, if not usually the lower immersion is left on , you might have a nobo system fitted? this is a remote timer usually fitted inside the unit, these are very tempremental and more often than not they are broken, in this case you are better off getting a timer fitted. then you can leave the boiler on constant and then just have the immersion coming on when you want i.e in the mornings.

simon
Southern NRG ltd

southern nrg

http://www.southernnrg.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - new user Empty Re: Pulsacoil 2000 - new user

Post  Mozambike Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks Simon. So without a timer is it safer to leave the boiler on all the time? Surely this will eat up electricity when no heat is needed.

Mozambike

Back to top Go down

Post  southern nrg Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:26 am

its up to you really i would get someone out to check it over and get a timer fitted, i work on some that are on all the time and some are on timers, i wouldnt keep turning it on and off if it where mine. as for leaving it on all the time the boiler has a temperature cut off so when the water in the tank gets to a certain temp it cuts the power to the elements, there are two types of this, one is a built in thermal cut off and one which is an upgrade which is safer and can be installed anytime, it is available as a kit which consists of two rod thermostats and a bypass to replace the built in thermal cut out. cheers

southern nrg

http://www.southernnrg.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - new user Empty Self Check Pulsacoil Guide May Help

Post  sunny.sahdev Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:16 am

You can request a copy of the Pulsacoil self check mini guide which will help you better understand your Pulsacoil 2000. The link below will redirect you to the correct page:
Pulsacoil 2000

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down