Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to recalibrate system as hot water too hot!?

2 posters

Go down

How to recalibrate system as hot water too hot!? Empty How to recalibrate system as hot water too hot!?

Post  GKL Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:15 am

I am trying to get my Boilermate 2000 system running properly after being drained and turned off for a few months following a flood and I am not sure the builder has correctly recommissioned the system. Should I have done anything other than just turn it back on?

I have already had the DHW sensor replaced but the system is pumping out hot water at 55-60 degrees which steams at the taps, and it seems to fire the boiler almost instantly rather than using the heat exchanger. We have had the system for 9 years since new and it does not seem to be behaving as it used to.

I have tried turning the boiler down as the manual mentions when only using hot water you can, but then the pumps keep running and the system never stabilises, also only the DHW pump is set to 3 all others on 2 - is this correct?

My readings when I cycle through the LED are as follows:

74 [66 + 73]
70 [70 + 75] (nothing references what these numbers are when I press SW1 for the PHE value?)
H66

Any advice/suggestions are welcomed.

Cheers Gary

GKL

Back to top Go down

How to recalibrate system as hot water too hot!? Empty Re: How to recalibrate system as hot water too hot!?

Post  mike Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Check unit is full.
And the vent is clear.
DHW should be 50 to55c
Not adjustable.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How to recalibrate system as hot water too hot!? Empty Re: How to recalibrate system as hot water too hot!?

Post  GKL Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanks Mike,

How do I check if the unit is full and vent is clear? I'm new to this given the plumber/builders don't seem to understand the system.

Do you know if all three pumps should be set to III?

The problem is I seem to have to run the hot tap at full pressure for a few minutes before it drops the DHW temperature to anywhere near 55 degrees and it never goes below, if I can get it to do 50-55 I'd be happy...

Cheers Gary

GKL

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:10 pm

If it stays above 55c.
Then check error codes for the sensors.
Mike

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  GKL Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:28 pm

No error codes, readings as per original post:

74 [66 + 73]
70 [70 + 75] (nothing references what these numbers are when I press SW1 for the PHE value?)
H66

Not convinced the DHW pump is working properly, not seized, but seems to run very quietly/slowly compared to others?

Gary

GKL

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:58 pm

DHW pump does run slow.
Stop it with your finger.
Could be sludged up?
Mike

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  GKL Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:48 am

What I have noticed is when the DHW line lights on the LED display I can hear an electrical buzzing from the ACB, could this indicate that the DHW pump is not working correctly?

GKL

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:40 pm

Well; check the pump as in turning.
And voltage.
Mike

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down