Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad luck - electrics and emersion broken!

5 posters

Go down

Bad luck - electrics and emersion broken! Empty Bad luck - electrics and emersion broken!

Post  TimW Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:03 am

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help...

I had been having intermittent hot water problems for a week or two, and then it stopped entirely. I didn’t switch off the boiler and, a few days later, was greeted by a smell of burning and the fuses tripped. It seems that I have two problems to be fixed:

1) The circuit board/electrics repaired
2) A new emersion heater

I spoke to a plumber who would not replace the emersion heater until the electrics are sorted. Unfortunately the electrician he recommended couldn’t fix it.

So I’m going to get some boiler engineers out to look. Hopefully he will be able to fix both issues in one go.

My question is, how much is this sort of repair going to be? I.e. am I looking at £200 all-in or £500 all-in?

Btw, this is a great website and forum - very handy for people like me with no idea where to start! Thanks!

Bad luck - electrics and emersion broken! Boiler15
Bad luck - electrics and emersion broken! Boiler16

Bad luck - electrics and emersion broken! Boiler17

TimW

Back to top Go down

Bad luck - electrics and emersion broken! Empty Re: Bad luck - electrics and emersion broken!

Post  TimW Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 am

I should say that I'm around the Canary Wharf area. If there is anyone around who can help, let me know!

Thanks

TimW

Back to top Go down

Bad luck - electrics and emersion broken! Empty Re: Bad luck - electrics and emersion broken!

Post  mike Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:53 am

Yep.
You need a New ACB (PCB)
New relay and base
New heater?
New wiring in places?
Look on here for list of advertisers.
You could try Gledhill and see if they cover your area.
They may give you a fixed price repair.
And that would include 1 years cover too.
So worth a try.
Mike
Good to see some pictures by the way.
Well done

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Steverog Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:39 am

Hello, I own a flat which has a pulsacoil boiler and they have not had water since Friday.
When I went there today, I looked under the main panel and saw that (what I will refer to as the fuse box) had melted!
My tenant said he smelt a 'soldering' type smell and this was obviously the cause.
Is this a plumber or electrician issue?
Are the parts expensive for this?
Thanks in advance!

Steverog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:23 am

Steverog wrote:Hello, I own a flat which has a pulsacoil boiler and they have not had water since Friday.
When I went there today, I looked under the main panel and saw that (what I will refer to as the fuse box) had melted!
My tenant said he smelt a 'soldering' type smell and this was obviously the cause.
Thanks in advance!
If yours is looking similar to the pictures above, your relay is burned off, may also the PCB melted. You need an expert probably, course I also have recently worked for a Plumber, he is saying, he has no idea how this boiler works and would not get close to it. Also no Sparky would go close.
Kind regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service of Fareham Hampshire

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  TimW Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:38 am

Steverog wrote:Hello, I own a flat which has a pulsacoil boiler and they have not had water since Friday.
Thanks in advance!
It sounds similar to the issue I had. I faffed around with an electrician and a couple of plumbers (including the, apparenty 'fantastic', Pimlico Plumbers) but they couldn't fix it. In the end I used the Gledhill engineers - they cost £400 flat rate for whatever the problem is. I was dubious but I heard one of the first plumbers on the phone to a supplier asking for the price of a PCB and it was bloody expensive, so seemed worth going with the suppliers.

TimW

Back to top Go down

Bad luck - electrics and emersion broken! Empty That's good to hear

Post  sunny.sahdev Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:33 am

Parts for this boiler can be expensive so sometimes it works out better going for the supplier if you have multiple problems.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:30 am

But if you search on the internet.
You can find parts at better prices
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Bad luck - electrics and emersion broken! Empty Link to online store

Post  sunny.sahdev Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:46 am

Gledhill Pulsacoil A Class Spares

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down