Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER

+4
Flashmaster
tosh1981
Ianeldy
james-heating
8 posters

Go down

Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER Empty Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER

Post  james-heating Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:21 pm

I have experience in the following boiler repairs.

Gledhills, Mainstream, Elson coral E, Churchill, AVC Honeywell, I'm a contracted engineer and I am expected to repair any boiler my employers have, which I can promise you is many?

If I can help, please ask

Cheers James 0785 404 5014

Last edited by james-heating on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

james-heating

Back to top Go down

Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER Empty Re: Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER

Post  Ianeldy Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:57 pm

James - what are your contact details .. and will you travel to North Wales?

I have a disfunctional pulsacoil 2000 (and I am not technically minded nor handy with spanners!) so would appreciate an expert sorting this out for me. Let me know.

Cheers
Ian

Ianeldy

Back to top Go down

Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER Empty Boilermate 2

Post  tosh1981 Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:59 am

Hi, im having problems with a boilermate 2, have got incostant hot water from 4/5 hot water outlets, when hot taps on (say bath) only tepid water comes out but if then turn on another hot tap (sat sink) the water on the bath runs v hot but only cold water comes out of the sink!! this is the same throughout the house except in the downstairs loo which is great all the time. The heating is good, all rads are v hot and there doesnt appear to be ant cold water feeding back through the mixer valve cooling the hot water more than it should.The boiler is set to full and has been recently serviced. Have had both pcb's and the mixer valve replaced and have drained the hot water pipes on numerous occasions all to no avail.

Any ideas???

I am slightly reluctent to pay ANOTHER engineer call out fee as this has already cost me many hundreds of pounds to simply be told ''i dont know'' but ill still take ur £80!!

Any help with this would be gratley welcomed.

Thanks for your time Martin

tosh1981

Back to top Go down

Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER Empty Heating Constantly on

Post  Flashmaster Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Hello

I have a Gledhill boilermate 2000 which is not responding to the room thermostat so the heating is constantly on.

After removing the font

1) The green 'Power On' light is not on
2) The LED display says 'On' with just the middle horizontal LED bar (store) lit up
3) None of the green LED lights are lit up for boiler

When I press SW2 or SW1 the temp is displayed and I can confirm there are no problems with the hot water.

I am reading that this is perhaps a faulty ACB but I was hoping it wasn’t.

Please can you get in touch?

Thanks

Flashmaster

Back to top Go down

Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER Empty Re: Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER

Post  hannahs Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:08 am

hi, i need some help in manchester city centre. I posted the below last night. Can you help? If so, please get in touch!

Hi all!

Wish i'd found this site when i first moved in to my flat!

Moved in in september and not long after the lights went out on the front of the boiler and i called the plumber in. At first he reckoned it was an issue with the thermostats so he replaced them but that didn't fix it. A neighbour suggested in the mean time topping the top tank up and when the guy came again after a while we tried that and it worked. But then we had a problem where the water would go cold - and i don't jsut mean cool but cold -after about 5 sec. Plumber thought it might be something wrong with the pump but realised that some of the wiring inside had been knocked out of place and that corrected that. Then a few weeks later it started tripping the fuse. Not when it was on normal heating only when on boost. The plumber came back, again, and after trying the stats reckoned we needed to replace the immersions. We drained the boiler to save on labour cost and he came and replaced the immersions. All was fine. Until...

The hot water started to alternate between hot and cold. So go hot to cold to hot to cold to hot... But it wouldn't do it all of the time. So we lived with it for a bit (tbh, I couldn't afford to get him back!). Then it got more and more frequent and I gave in and did a bit of searching and last weekend tried turning the pump up to 3 as it was on 1. This worked with the taps but with the showers it only gave us luke warm water, unless we didn't turn the shower on properly, then it was a bit warmer. There is an ongoing problem with bad water pressure in my floor of the flat block, could this be the cause?

Anyway, to add to this, now the water isn't getting hot at all. Any ideas before i ring give up and gledhill (now that i know they provide servicing!). All the lights are on on the front of the boiler etc

hannahs

Back to top Go down

Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER Empty Response

Post  Flashmaster Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:16 am

Hello

Sorry I cant help I managed to get my Gledhil boilemate sorted.

The reason I am posting id to say you should give them a call. I dont tink they come to Manchester but the service the give oin the phonhe is very good. 0.60p per min but when I called they sorted me out

Sorry I cant be of more help

Flashmaster

Back to top Go down

Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER Empty Elso Coral E & Fifas

Post  jennifer45 Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi i have an elson coral e/fifas boiler i am desperatley in need of information/advice, it is faulty (smoke coming out of it) we have had to turn the central heating off and are seriously struggling to find anyone to take a look at it or even give any kind of advice. If anyone can help please get in touch, thanks, Jen

jennifer45

Back to top Go down

Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER Empty Corel E

Post  james-heating Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi sorry for not responding forgot my password have wrote it down now if you need any advice in the future please ask.

James

james-heating

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:45 am

Hi James,

I live in Warrington and need someone to have a look at my pulsacoil a class as I currenlty have no hot water. Can you give me an idea on pricing for call out and replacement relay?

Thanks
Helen

Helen

Back to top Go down

Hi my name is James Heating Engineer MANCHESTER Empty PULSACOIL 2000

Post  seanpatterson85 Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:43 am

Hi, James. I have a PULSACOIL 2000 that keeps going onto the red fault light each time I try to get hot water. I am in the area of Widnes, and would like an idea of cost for call out, repair etc. Thanks.

seanpatterson85

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down