Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A class pulsacoil - shower gone cold

2 posters

Go down

A class pulsacoil - shower gone cold Empty A class pulsacoil - shower gone cold

Post  DaveB Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi,

I have an A-class Pulsacoil. The shower temperature slowly went cold. The T bar has been replaced and was working fine for a couple of days and then did the same.
Initial thoughts are the A-Class is delivering water that is too hot causing the thermostat in the T bar to fail.
Water in the hot tap in the same bathroom is very hot.

The water pressure also appears to have increased in the area as this and other flats have water hammer on the toilet fill. That has been replaced and is now quiet however to hear other toilets suffering the same issue makes me wonder if the the pressure in the area has increased.

The A-class appears to be boosting itself when the hot water is used. I thought that it only worked when the boost button was pressed and then switched itself off after a period of time. Could that be a fault.

Recently one of the spurs has over heated burning the faceplate. This makes me think an element is running for a long period.

Plan at present it to fit a pressure regulator on the incoming mains and check / replace the temp sensors so the water is not so hot.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

Best regards,
Dave

DaveB

Back to top Go down

A class pulsacoil - shower gone cold Empty heaters

Post  mmartin Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:46 am

Are both heating elements OK especially the lower one which is the off-peak I believe? The bottom one is heating the bulk of water in the tank so if it has gone the capacity would be severely impacted I guess.

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

A class pulsacoil - shower gone cold Empty Re: A class pulsacoil - shower gone cold

Post  DaveB Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:12 am

Hi,

The issue has been fixed by replacing both of the temperature sensors, the shower T bar and burnt out spur. A pressure regulator was also fitted on the incoming mains supply.

Best regards,
Dave

DaveB

mmartin likes this post

Back to top Go down

A class pulsacoil - shower gone cold Empty Re: A class pulsacoil - shower gone cold

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down