Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate 3 - radiator query

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate 3 - radiator query Empty Boilermate 3 - radiator query

Post  kgibbons Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:45 am

Hello,

I have a boilermate 3 and have had several engineers in since we moved in (for various reasons), and they all seem to say something different!

All I want to know is if it is essential to have the downstairs hallway radiator on 24/7 (ie, when the boiler fires up, it will always be hot - even in the summer!)

Initially we were told we could turn the bathroom radiator on instead and did this for a while, however when I had the next annual inspection, I was told no, it had to be the hallway one left on (this is why there was no thermostat on this one - and there was on all the others).

So, basically, do I have to have a radiator on, and if yes, can I choose which one?

Thanks in advance

Karen

kgibbons

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 3 - radiator query Empty Re: Boilermate 3 - radiator query

Post  Mike the Boilerman Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:00 am

Hi Karen,

You must have had some clowns advisng you, you don't need to have any rads running at all..!

This is a fault. The CH is perfectly capable of turning OFF when the controls are set to OFF, and that includes ALL the rads. Your BMIII probably has a siezed diverter valve. A new one will fix it. In the meantime, no harm in turning all the rads OFF individually, using their individual ON/OFF valves

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kgibbons Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:40 am

Thanks Mike!

Turned all radiators off and touch wood no problems!

kgibbons

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down