Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turning off the pulsacoil when on holiday

4 posters

Go down

Turning off the pulsacoil when on holiday Empty Turning off the pulsacoil when on holiday

Post  rog4 Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:49 am

My pulsacoil is working well but I shall be away for more than 60 days on an extended holiday. My insurers say I need to turn off all water supplies at the mains.
In my user instructions it states that "this appliance should be left permanently connected to the off peak electrical supply and not switched on and off when hot water is needed" This requirement would result in my system heating water each night which will cool off during each day. I would therefore anticipate large electricity bills which as a pensioner I am trying to avoid.
I live in an apartment with electric heating so there are no radiators to worry about.
Is it OK to turn off the water at the mains and by pressing the green on / off switch, turn off the pulsacoil?
If the answer is yes should I also turn off thewater heater controller for economy 7 and white meter tariffs?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Rog4

rog4

Back to top Go down

Turning off the pulsacoil when on holiday Empty Re: Turning off the pulsacoil when on holiday

Post  tss78 Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:29 am

I would also like to know about this query as I am also going away for over a month. Many Thanks.

tss78

Back to top Go down

Turning off the pulsacoil when on holiday Empty Turning off the pulsacoil when on holiday

Post  LondonPulsaCoilACLASS Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:04 am

Hello,
Did you receive any reply on your question, please?
I have a 2 year old flat in London. Boiler: Gledhill + PulsaCoil 'A' Class.
Someone switched everything off on going on holiday and on return the
booster needs to be switched on at night if one wants hot water the next morning,
the hot water is not sufficient for 2 showers and the electricity supplier claims
we do not have economy 7.
Any help would be appreciated.
Best regards.
Claras@btinternet.com

LondonPulsaCoilACLASS

Back to top Go down

Turning off the pulsacoil when on holiday Empty same problem - boiler heats water at the wrong time

Post  williammont Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:25 am

Hello
I have a similar problem. Our 4-year-old switched off the green on/off switch on our Pulsacoil A Class. (We have the smallest unit, which has no timer and no user-configurable options.) Since then, the boiler works doesn't heat up during the night. No hot water in the morning unless we press the 'boost' switch. It does heat water during the day (ie peak period) but we need it to work during the night.
Anyone got any suggestions?

williammont

Back to top Go down

Turning off the pulsacoil when on holiday Empty Re: Turning off the pulsacoil when on holiday

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down