Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sounds like a pump is running for a few hours at a time....

3 posters

Go down

Sounds like a pump is running for a few hours at a time.... Empty Sounds like a pump is running for a few hours at a time....

Post  gjlatz Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Hello all,

Usually the Boilermate is quiet in it's cupboard unless the heating is on or a shower or bath is being used. Last night after the bath had been used I was walking past the cupboard that houses the Boilermate and a noise was coming from it. The sound was like a pump running but the heating was off and no other hot water was being used.

I heard the same noise today before filling the bath but after the bath was filled and the hot tap was turned off the noise/pump also switched off. Later during a central heating cycle I went back to up for a listen and after the heating went off I could hear the pump noise. The noise isn't loud as you have to stand still next to the unit and listen for the noise.

To be fair I'm not sure if the unit usually makes this noise and could be part of it's normal operation.

I'll have a listen over the next few days. I might just be paraniod after reading all of the other posts though.

Happy New Year.

Gjlatz

gjlatz

Back to top Go down

Sounds like a pump is running for a few hours at a time.... Empty Re: Sounds like a pump is running for a few hours at a time....

Post  blod Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:03 pm

It's probably the boiler pump running, helping to keep the store at the set temperature.
This is normal.

blod

Back to top Go down

Sounds like a pump is running for a few hours at a time.... Empty Re: Sounds like a pump is running for a few hours at a time....

Post  purves_n Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am

Could also be the pump circulating the hot water round the thermal store. This is normal on mine (A Class o-v) and the pump stays on for about 30-40 mins after the heating has been switched off.

Doesnt sound like a major problem!!

purves_n

Back to top Go down

Post  gjlatz Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Thanks for you prompt replies.

Just what I wanted to hear.

Many thanks

gjlatz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down