Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Boiler & BoilerMate

2 posters

Go down

New Boiler & BoilerMate Empty New Boiler & BoilerMate

Post  kakourdos Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:55 am

Hello All,

I just bought a house and the heating system comprises of an Idean Elan2 40F boiler and a BoilerMate FE160CT water cylinder.

In thinking of changing the boiler I got very confusing advice from a number (3 so far) of professional installers. So, I've decided to search the matter, make a decision and have a professional implemented.

Starting with option 1, change just the boiler. I'm thinking of pairing the cylinder with a Worcester Greenstar 18i System boiler. My simple logic tells me that with that boiler I won't need the two pumps on the cylinder.

So, the question is... is option 1 wrong? and if option 1 is wrong, which Worcester boiler would be suitable for a "straight" boiler replacement?

Kind Regards,
Kakourdos

kakourdos

Back to top Go down

New Boiler & BoilerMate Empty Re: New Boiler & BoilerMate

Post  Mike the Boilerman Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:54 am

Yes option 1 is most definitely wrong!

The one class of boiler that is fundementally incompatible with a Boilermate is a system boiler. You need a boiler without a pump BECAUSE the Boilermate has two pumps, carrying out diffeent functions which cannot be combined into one pump inside the boiler.

System boilers are a bundle of trouble anyway and best avoided, in my experience!

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down