Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No hot water, only warm

4 posters

Go down

No hot water, only warm Empty No hot water, only warm

Post  RJBetteley Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:34 am

Hi,

I have been having a problem this morning with NO hot water It was luk warm, I noticed that the top tank was not at it's correct level 'not completely empty mind' as like one of the other forum members which I was reading up about earlier today, only half full I have now filled up to the correct level this morning at around 9:30am. Just tried to see if there was any hot water at 11:15 and there is still no hot water the pipes are luk warm.

How long do I need to wait until I get hot water back again? Also in case this information will help the green LIGHT on the front of the unit is ON, and there is no flashing light on the front panel specifying there is a fault, there is noise so the unit is up and running. Should I be concerned or will this take a little more time then I'm giving it at the moment as I thought 2hrs may of been enough time... thanks

Update at 15:15pm still no hot water only luk warm...
Update at 09.37 on the 5th April Unfortunately I still don't have hot water only luk warm

Kindest regard

Richard Betteley

RJBetteley

Back to top Go down

No hot water, only warm Empty Re: No hot water, only warm

Post  mike Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Have you the book?
If not download from Gledhill.
Have you got boost.
Is the unit hot?
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

No hot water, only warm Empty No Hot Water, Only Warm

Post  orange_scc Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:51 am

Hi,

I have the same problem as RJBetteley.

Our initial main problem was most probably the water level in the small header tank installed separately above the unit was not topped up to the max level. Once the water level was topped up to the max level indicated in the tank, the constant noisy sound from the unit stopped and warm water is deliver, however, there is no hot water even though the 'off peak switch' is on overnight till present. Hot water is only deliver when 'on peak switch/boost button' is switched on.

The unit is 4 year old.
At the moment, hot water is required to serve 4 people especially at night time.
The main switch has been switched off a couple of times previously which may be the reason of the failure? but all the switches are remain on all the time presently.

Thank you for your kind attention.

orange_scc

Back to top Go down

Post  MK Group Ltd Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi,

With a multi meter check the off peak immersion, you should have a reading of around 18ohms.

Regards

Gary
MK Group Ltd
MK Group Ltd

http://www.mkgroupltd.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down