Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seasonal Temperatures

3 posters

Go down

Seasonal Temperatures Empty Seasonal Temperatures

Post  Gledders Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi all,
Really glad I found this forum, am hoping someone could indicate if I have a problem or not.
I have a Pulsacoil 2000 in my flat. My place is 4 years old so assume the boiler is the same age.
I have noticed that the amount of hot water I get in the morning seems to be linked to the weather.
Over the past week whilst there has been snow, I have only just had enough hot water for a quick shower.

This morning the water was nothing more than tepid and soon ran cold. It is minus 3 outside.

In anyones experience, is this normal? Is it linked to the temperature of the mains water supply?

Looking inside, the LED is flashing twice per second, which seems normal and I have no fault light on the front panel.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks, Gledders.

Gledders

Back to top Go down

Seasonal Temperatures Empty Re: Seasonal Temperatures

Post  Victor Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:45 pm

It is exactly what I encountered. The Pulsacoil is good design boiler, but it seems it is not suitable when the temperature drops to very low level, e.g. below 0 degree C. Please note that the hot water from the tap or shower doesn't come from the store tank. It is heated up through the heat exchange. There must be a maximum heat transfer via the heat exchange. If the incoming water is cold and the flow is high, it is impossible to heat up the water to hot level. I just reduce the hot water flow (at least a reasonable flow to switch on the water pump in the PulsaCoil). The above is what I understand. If it is not correct, anyone please correct.

Victor

Back to top Go down

Seasonal Temperatures Empty What you are saying sound right.

Post  sunny.sahdev Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:34 am

What you are saying sounds right. It is best to get the system checked out as this should not be this bad. Sometimes a contractor will come in and replace the thermostats for the wrong ones which impact the system performance. Also sometime the sensors tend to become old and not so accurate.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Seasonal Temperatures Empty Re: Seasonal Temperatures

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down