Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot water and heating won't work at the same time.

4 posters

Go down

Hot water and heating won't work at the same time.  Empty Hot water and heating won't work at the same time.

Post  hale Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 pm

I have an electromate 2000, the original problem was the hot water pleased itself, one min it was hot the next freezing cold. The guy fixing it has replaced the pump and a few other things. However the problem now is that the heating and hot water won't work at the same time. If i switch the whole thing off the heating will come back on but as soon as i run the hot water it stops the heating from working. Anyone any ideas??

Thanks

hale

Back to top Go down

Hot water and heating won't work at the same time.  Empty Re: Hot water and heating won't work at the same time.

Post  mike Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:46 am

Hi
When you run hot water the heating pump is automatically switched off.
See page 26 of the manual,
The note between 3 and 4.
No book
Down load one for free at Gledhill web site.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hot water and heating won't work at the same time.  Empty Re: Hot water and heating won't work at the same time.

Post  hale Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:28 am

Thanks. Im assuming that once I've stopped running the hot water the heating pump should start again. But this isn't happening.

hale

Back to top Go down

Post  chris1 Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:28 pm

I have exactly this same problem. The water runs ice cold whilst the heating is on and I have to turn the thermostat on the wall right down, give it a few seconds and then it runs perfectly.

I have told 3 different engineers about the fault when they have come to fix the six monthly issues that I have and none of them have been able to rectify it. I'm not bothered about it for myself but I am thinking of renting out my property so need to get it fixed.

Please help!

chris1

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Check out number 3.
On page 4 of the installation manual
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41 pm

chris1 wrote:I have exactly this same problem. The water runs ice cold whilst the heating is on and I have to turn the thermostat on the wall right down, give it a few seconds and then it runs perfectly.

I have told 3 different engineers about the fault when they have come to fix the six monthly issues that I have and none of them have been able to rectify it. I'm not bothered about it for myself but I am thinking of renting out my property so need to get it fixed.

Please help!
Hi Chris
This sounds to me as if you have a fault on your switch electric boiler, not running on the full load. ( is yours a 9kw or 12 kw boiler?) As there is a thresh hold of 55 c store temperature , when it stops the heating , there should be on cold running of water for longer than a minute and the thermostat is only for the heating, should have no influence on this. Also depending on the software version of your pcb, the very early models was not programmed for the heating to go off on hot water demand, as specially for the 12kw Electramate you need a different pcb as the standard one for the 9kw model ( as the 9 kw is working with the standard v29 version also for all other 2000 appliances expect Pulsacoil, the 12 kw need a v40 version pcb)
kind regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down