Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil A-Class linked to Economy 7

2 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil A-Class linked to Economy 7 Empty Pulsacoil A-Class linked to Economy 7

Post  Baerbela Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:20 am

I'm paying a lot for electricity and my question is: the device was fitted to the correct timing to synchronise with the off peak meter for correct economical operation. Is this lost when there are power cuts? If yes, I can't see a way of adjusting it since I only have one timer which deals with the central heating only. Can you help?

Baerbela

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil A-Class linked to Economy 7 Empty Re: Pulsacoil A-Class linked to Economy 7

Post  Mike the Boilerman Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:03 am

Yes it is. The electricity company turns the of peak service on and off automatically inside the meter.

Check you have a 'dual rate meter' by looking at the fat cables connecting to it. A dual rate meter has TWO fat cables going in and THREE coming out into your fusebox/consumer unit. If you only have TWO in and TWO out, then you have a single rate meter and you need to talk to your leccy supplier and get a dual rate meter and Economy 7 tariff installed. You should also have TWO isolator switches on the wall by the Pulsacoil and two cables feeding into the Pulsacoil. If not, your Pulsacoil is installed incorrectly and this would explain high bills.

Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down