Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low hot water pressure

3 posters

Go down

Low hot water pressure Empty Low hot water pressure

Post  johnhalsey Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Hello,

I'm pretty sure I have a Pulsacoil III, however it could be a 2000 model and I can't remember or work out how to tell the difference.

Recently I had to change a mixing valve XC007 because I was getting no hot water. I did that and it worked fine, got lots of hot water all day now, what I don't have any more is much pressure behind it.

I'm wondering if it could be the pressure regulator. It's not relatively old however I don't think my plumber did the screw at the top up tight enough so it leaked a bit and the water in my area is quite hard. And now it's got limescale all over it and looks very second hand.

Could it be this that is affecting the flow of water? I've read the sticker on the outside of my tank, and it says that the check valve is not needed unless I have either more than 3.5 bar of pressure (I'm not expert but I wouldn't have thought I would be) or it is feeding more than one dwelling (which it's not). So could I just take it out, and if so, what would I put in its place? Sounds like a stupid question I know.

Any advice you can offer is helpful.

Thanks
John

johnhalsey

Back to top Go down

Low hot water pressure Empty Re: Low hot water pressure

Post  johnhalsey Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Here is an image of the part in question.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/16/48/71/20/pressu11.jpg

johnhalsey

Back to top Go down

Low hot water pressure Empty low pressure

Post  Southampton Technician Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Be sure all the valves are fully open, especially the one used when you changed the mixing valve.
e.g. is the cold tap at the kitchen sink also slow?
If so does it effect your neighbours, if so speck to the water authority or your landlord.

If its just the hot water, has the mixing valve got the right seals with the open centre the same size as the pipe bore?
Once you are sure all is ok elsewhere then the pressure reducing valve could be at fault.
Measure the water pressure both static and dynanic and if at no time it exceeds the maximun stated then replace it with pipe. If you have any doubts replace it with an identical reducing valve from a merchant, best to be safe rather than sorry.

Southampton Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  johnhalsey Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:29 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The cold water pressure is fine, the cold from the kitchen/bathroom taps is full power.

I'm very confident that the mixer is not at fault, I've even had it off to look at it again and I looks fine. Ive got the old one I took off and I can see that one was faulty, but this new one is fine.

Are you able to advise how I measure the static and dynamic pressure? Or so you know what the part number is for limiting valve?

Thanks again
John

johnhalsey

Back to top Go down

Low hot water pressure Empty It's A Pulsacoil 3 You Have

Post  sunny.sahdev Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:28 am

Hi,

First off you have a Pulsacoil 3 system, the Pulsacoil 2000 does not have a mixing valve. If the pressure on your hot water side is much lower then the cold taps, check any hot water valves. If those are fine then it will be you plated heat exchanger which is contaminated.

You can buy a Plated heat exhanger via this site -> Pulsacoil 3 Spares

Last edited by sunny.sahdev on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:41 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More resources and spelling)

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down