Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electramate 9Kw No DHW No Heating

4 posters

Go down

Electramate 9Kw No DHW No Heating Empty Electramate 9Kw No DHW No Heating

Post  Steveh230 Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Repaired an Electramate 2000 EM270 9Kw by replacing Flow Boiler, or so I thought.

It has cured the temperature in the store, which is now 75 degrees.
However PHE & DHW is around 20 degrees. No Hot water or Heating.

When there is HW demand it takes a long time to switch over(dash to appear on display) and pump appears to run - however no heat gets to PHE, only pump heats up and not pipes. When HW demand is stopped, system does not switch back at all. Only way to reset is turn power off and turn back on.

When heating is on, dash appears and pump appears to run, but again pipes cool. Very strange thing is that Return pipe gets very hot, but Flow is only aired ? No heat to rads.

On Mixer valve, "Cold" pipe gets hot, "hot" pipe gets warm and "mix" pipe stays cool ?

I would appreciate any help as I am lost for ideas.

Many Thanks
Steve

Steveh230

Back to top Go down

Electramate 9Kw No DHW No Heating Empty Re: Electramate 9Kw No DHW No Heating

Post  life of bryan Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Are you getting any sensor fault error codes on the display when you navigate through it?

life of bryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:29 am

Steveh230 wrote:Repaired an Electramate 2000 EM270 9Kw by replacing Flow Boiler, or so I thought.

It has cured the temperature in the store, which is now 75 degrees.
However PHE & DHW is around 20 degrees. No Hot water or Heating.

When there is HW demand it takes a long time to switch over(dash to appear on display) and pump appears to run - however no heat gets to PHE, only pump heats up and not pipes. When HW demand is stopped, system does not switch back at all. Only way to reset is turn power off and turn back on.

When heating is on, dash appears and pump appears to run, but again pipes cool. Very strange thing is that Return pipe gets very hot, but Flow is only aired ? No heat to rads.

On Mixer valve, "Cold" pipe gets hot, "hot" pipe gets warm and "mix" pipe stays cool ?

I would appreciate any help as I am lost for ideas.

Many Thanks
Steve

This sounds like a pump problem. But the EM2000 is a bit more complex, hard to say any without proper testing.
Kind regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  southern nrg Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:43 am

I agree with Mario, best get someone who knows the system to test things, some things i have known on the 9kw is the relays can burn out, there is a retro fit kit, this will stop the heating elements from working, pump should be easy to test just ensure it is spinning and you cannot stop it easily by removing silver screw cap on front, with a tray underneath of course, and try and stop it with a screwdriver if you can stop it either a sensor fault or pump is weak, depending on demand as the pumps are variable which is controlled by the pcb, i have known 12kw electramate to have a blockage but not seen it on the 9kw ones, pumps can be a problem if not looked after.

southern nrg

http://www.southernnrg.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down