Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOBO system 500 - some thoughts

4 posters

Go down

NOBO system 500 - some thoughts Empty NOBO system 500 - some thoughts

Post  alichambers Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:48 am

Hi,

I have been following some posts here. I have a Nobo system 500 as well, and it looks like the controller unit - the Orion 512 - is not working. Some zones come on and off when they shouldn't be, the bathroom radiators are constantly on, and the immersion heater is erratic.

I have tried to locate a replacement Orion 512, but am out of luck - it is discontinued.

I rang Creda (NOBO UK) - and they say I probably have to upgrade to a system 700.

I can order the parts from a wholesaler, but have no idea how to fit them - and replace the RSX recievers, etc...

Can anyone help here? I live in Croydon, London.

Thanks!
Alex

alichambers

Back to top Go down

NOBO system 500 - some thoughts Empty Re: NOBO system 500 - some thoughts

Post  mike Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:03 am

Look on home page.
List of advertisers.
Or Google up in your area.
Have you contacted Gledhill ?
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  alichambers Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Thanks Mike. I'll ring Gledhill tomorrow.

Google didn't come up with much for me.

Which homepage do you mean?

alichambers

Back to top Go down

NOBO system 500 - some thoughts Empty nobo controllers

Post  southern nrg Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:46 am

Hi unfortunateley the nobo controllers have been discontinued, gledhill dont supply an aftermarket timer, i replace the nobo ones for hard wired immersion timers (do not use plug in ones). i charge £60 supply and fit for this service but only cover the southampton / portsmouth areas. hope this helps.
Simon

Southern NRG

southern nrg

http://www.southernnrg.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  The truth Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:04 pm

alichambers wrote:Hi,

I have been following some posts here. I have a Nobo system 500 as well, and it looks like the controller unit - the Orion 512 - is not working. Some zones come on and off when they shouldn't be, the bathroom radiators are constantly on, and the immersion heater is erratic.

I have tried to locate a replacement Orion 512, but am out of luck - it is discontinued.

I rang Creda (NOBO UK) - and they say I probably have to upgrade to a system 700.

I can order the parts from a wholesaler, but have no idea how to fit them - and replace the RSX recievers, etc...

Can anyone help here? I live in Croydon, London.

Thanks!
Alex

Alex, this is a Gledhill repair forum.Your issue is with the NOBO programmer. Although £60 is a good price for the immersion timer replacement, please note that the repair been offered is ONLY for the RSX512 replacement. Judging from your post the programmer signal is the fault not the RSX.

The Orion 500 system is not been manufactured any longer ( replace by the EC700 ) but I am aware of engineers in the London area that can repair that system. It will not cost £60 but will allow controllability of the heaters / towel rails / immersion heater through a single programming unit.

Obviously the cheapest option is to fit stand alone timers on the immersion heater and if required the towel rails but the heaters will then become stand alone heaters with no facility to time control the setback / comfort feature. Many people only ever turn the heaters / towel rails on then off anyway and do not use the programmer !!!

If this is how you use the system then stand alone timers will be the best option.

The truth

Back to top Go down

Post  southern nrg Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:25 pm

the timer only replaces the nobo receiver which are crap and become stuck off, the orion still controls the towel rads / heaters etc. just seems to the the receivers on the gledhills which you cant fix by the way.

southern nrg

http://www.southernnrg.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down