Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

leaking boilermate2

Go down

leaking boilermate2  Empty leaking boilermate2

Post  sparkyjohn Mon May 21, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi all

have a problem with the boilermate 2, the dreaded buzzing started this evening again, this has not happened for at least 2 years since i changed the bottom pcb, but its worst than that.
It got very loud for a couple of minutes then had the smell of smoke,switched off the fused spur at boiler and investigated a bit more and found that the top of the boilermate was full of water and it had dripped down thought the 2 black gommets on top and shorted out the top pcb. Since sponging up, the water it is slowly coming from the cold feed from f & e (tank?) pipe, the water is either coming up from the boilermate or from the gland of the pipework where it joins the top. Its not running down the pipe to the boilermate. any ideas or pointers? the system is about 12 years old.
cheers john

sparkyjohn

Back to top Go down

leaking boilermate2  Empty Re: leaking boilermate2

Post  sparkyjohn Mon May 21, 2012 1:52 pm

added info........just had another look around and took of lagging around all pipes and the cold water mains in pipe is corroded around the gland with lime scale i guess quite bad and the pipe feels warm is this right?
a few off the other pipes have scale around them too on the glands.

sparkyjohn

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkyjohn Mon May 21, 2012 2:51 pm

update on my boilermare 2..... i tighted up the nut on the pipe this has seemed to stop the leak to hardly nothing or stopped completly, need to get a new top pcb .
In my ignorance regarding limescale and the hot cold incoming pipe plus i have noticed warm water coming from the cold tap in bathroom when i turn on from time to time these need to be addressed, whats best to stop limescale in the system? theres a limefighter fitted in the pipe work near boilermare 2, how does the limefighter work ? is it for ever or need replacing ? any help on these matters i would gratfully recieve

cheers
John

sparkyjohn

Back to top Go down

leaking boilermate2  Empty boilermare update

Post  sparkyjohn Tue May 22, 2012 3:09 pm

ive ordered a new top pcb XB104 for the pumpdrive as it had the burn out due to leak, the leak has stopped since tighting the nut, i post next update once installed new pcb and run for a few hours.

sparkyjohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down